Bluey's Rebuild.

Redwarf

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically keep adjusting until I'm happy. One side isn't as straight as the other. It's also a case of finding what works for me. This car isn't going to need to be as aggresive on the front end figures as the old one, but it's still nice to have the adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Due to popular request, I now present engine bay photos. :abuse:

Well, actually, one person. But here we go anyway:

post-33-1152274419_thumb.jpg

post-33-1152274456_thumb.jpg

post-33-1152274520_thumb.jpg

post-33-1152274566_thumb.jpg

post-33-1152274604_thumb.jpg

post-33-1152274639_thumb.jpg

And of course, the usual gratuitous rally car shot. :dance:

Went off to the Border Ranges Rally based in Urbenville on the weekend. With the mighty service crew of Chris and Teddy, we were ready for anything (and so were they!)

Started at car 3 out of 19 starters. Third fastest on the first stage, then promptly fell off the road on stage two, being stoped by a stump. Took ten minutes to get the car on the road. Lost all driving lights (later found by the gun service crew to be a fuse blown) and drove the next 2 1/2 stages on head lights alone. Not all that tragic, as I run 130 high beams. :hmm: Not overly worried. Car wasn't leaking fluids, and service was coming up. if anyone could fix it, the boys could.

At service, resurrected 3 out of 4 driving lights, and posted between fifth and second fastest stage times. The colder it got, the harder the car went. Having said that, it got down to minus 6 by the end of the rally!

Still couldn't get the hang of the car. As Mel would say, I'd lost my mojo. Car was skitish, and I wasn't on the ball. Seriously focused for the last loop of stages, and ended up winning a stage outright, and second by 5 seconds on another.

Beers were then drunk.

Wayne and I would like to thank Teddy and Chris for looking after us, even if we do bend cars. Ta Boys. :y:

Thanks also, as always to Pedders Geebung, Alan Stein at Silverstone Tyres, and Pete at Alexander Auto Electrics.

post-33-1152521461_thumb.jpg

post-33-1152521488_thumb.jpg

always a pleasure rob, the service crew is there for that reason, i must say Teedy done a fantastatic job again.

just next time we'll bring some warm weather with us.

i don't think anyone got any sleep that night it was just too cold.

Thanks Teddy.

I was actually nice and toasty in the tent. (No, that's not an invite to join me next time :hmm:). Sleeping bag and a doona worked well. Getting up for a piss in my jocks wasn't pleasant though!

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's rally preparation time!!!

The BIG Gallangowan rally is on this weekend. Seeded car 9 out of 43.

Anywho. Car still running well after last rally. Sending it off for a dyno thursday, just to see what else we can get out of it. Got the clutch issues sorted today, box in and out twice, but had it on a hoist in a workshop, so it was all good. ;)

Front panel beaten roughly, I need to get up and see Corolla Andy for the new bonnet soon. New light bar made from 50x50x6 alloy. This one wont bend, but the lights on it I think will go in case of discussions with large brown and arboreals.

Visited Pete the Auto Elec today, to have a couple of bodgy things that I did in an emergency de-bodgied. I also happened to mention that my reversing lights still didn't work. Pete waved his magic wand, and a number of things happened. Yes my rev lights now come on, but only when you select fifth. That's fine, however, cruising down the highway on the way home, selected fifth....... and the engine stopped. This was then perceived to be a problem. Much weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth then happened, as I cruised down the highway in fourth with 4.8 diff gears. I'm seeing Pete again tomorrow. :y:

Actually polished the car the other day. Who said you can't polish a turd.

More in a couple of days.

R