Bluey's Rebuild.

Redwarf

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted: extra large buff.

16.8 km's into 4th stage, too fast into the corner. Rear quarter went in, and despite my best efforts to emulate the great Finnish drivers and use it to straighten us back onto the road, failed completely and went head first into a tree, stopping quite suddenly thereafter. Car was removed from tree with a 4WD and snatch strap, leaving the Corolla emblem still imbedded in the local flora.

post-33-1157960026_thumb.jpg

post-33-1157960064_thumb.jpg

post-33-1157960090_thumb.jpg

post-33-1157960121_thumb.jpg

post-33-1157960152_thumb.jpg

post-33-1157960188_thumb.jpg

post-33-1157960218_thumb.jpg

Panel beater is looking at it Wednesday. rails cruched back to engine cross member. Right rear quarter also bent out of shape enough that the back window doesn't align.

Further updates when I can move again. :D

Edited by Redwarf

how long do think it will take till DWF 55 driving on its own again.

Erm...... don't know, but I don't think I'm going to make the next round in six weeks.

Glad you're OK though, couldn't afford to lose another legend

:D

Out of interest, How did those rose-jointed lower control arms hold up?

No issues at all. Possibly saved damage by giving the lower arms greater movement to go backwards.

Simon, thanks for the offer, we'll see what happens with tomorrows assessment. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, time to update. As some of you know, and all of you are about to find out, I've decided to reshell this car. It needed a rear quarter cut, and a complete front cut, and a couple of hours on the rack to be anywhere near straight again.

Fortunately some bloke frronted up with a rust free rolling shell for $250. Thank you very much. So after a year of living under the house, work has begun. Seem welding at the moment (re-teaching myself how to weld - not pretty) drivers side seat mounts (to attach my brand new Velo to.... ahhh Christmas bonus from a good boss!) to be made then off to the cage builder for a REALLY big cage. All body deadener striped from car (12 kgs so far.... ) and am also about to start with the hole saw in the bits I won't be able to get at once the cage is in. (ie anywhere behind the door line.)

And so it begins again.

post-33-1198306747_thumb.jpg

post-33-1198306782_thumb.jpg

post-33-1198306815_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redwarf