April 6, 201511 yr comment_695857 Pm inbound. For an old fat who types slow you definitely seem to know your way around the emoticon section! ;) Report
July 9, 201511 yr Author comment_698527 So a crack in the head pulled the little rolla up for a short time but with some sorting out and Dad back on the die grinder she breaths again I'm sure Dad will elaborate for you guys exactly what went on... Also the new shell has almost made its way into the shed so maybe a new rolla coming out soon we will be sure to keep everyone posted. Report
July 9, 201511 yr Author comment_698534 Hi there everyone ! Haven't posted for a while as not a lot has been going on ( With our cars ) but been busy with everyone else's :down: . That was until Thomas little beast decided to give us some grief :wtf: as Thomas has said ! cracked head :rant: so another session on the die grinder 7hrs and then 3hrs on the wet/dry paper 400-600-800-1200-1500 and finish with 2000 on the exhaust ports look like mirrors when finished :2thumbs: inlet ports were polished as well then spiralled ground to help with fuel atomisation then of to the machine shop for bigger valves / new valve seats / 3 angle valve grind / facing and have all the combustion chambers matched / we also upped the compression to 11.1 -1 :) . Thomas recons the little Rolla is running better than ever but we still need to book it in for another Dyno run and tune . As Thomas mentioned in his earlier post we are just about ready to build a new body for the little beast with some fairly major modifications , we will keep you all posted with updates and pics once we get started ;) . Just looked at the pics Thomas put up ! that welsh plug in the last pic is out of the end of the head ( 3k big port ) looked fine from the out side but I mentioned to my machinist to replace it and this is what they found so it always pays to replace whenever you get the chance as with all welsh plugs :thumbsup: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave: Edited July 9, 201511 yr by TOMMYS Ke 11 Report
July 9, 201511 yr comment_698535 Wow those exhaust ports are massive! Keen to see it together again. Report
July 13, 201511 yr Author comment_698616 :wootjump: Hi everyone ! just a quick update " YES VERY HAPPY " just had Thomas little Rolla back on the Dyno for a retune with the new head and fuel pump setup and pleased to say it made 121.8 rwhp and 160ft pound of torque :2thumbs: with a couple of hard pulls was getting a bit over 180ft pound of torque :yes: so yes we are smiling . Cheers:- Stuart :wave: Report
July 13, 201511 yr Author comment_698618 Thanks Ken :thumbsup: as I said we are very happy with the outcome ! although it did run away with cost :n: bit over 1grand to complete but that's performance engines for you nothing is cheap and that's with me doing all the port work ( 10hrs @ $90 per Hr that the boy didn't have to pay ) but it was all worth it :rocknroll: and I must say your little Rolla is looking " FANTASTIC :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: " . Cheers :- Stuart :wave: Report
July 13, 201511 yr comment_698623 Theres some pretty serious k series cylinder heads getting around now!,I'm starting to suspect toyota are lying about these waterjackets everyone used to be so afraid of? PMSL! Report
July 13, 201511 yr Author comment_698625 Hi there Cleveland ! I'm not real sure how much is left on the walls but as I've machined it much the same as the other head ! And it is now f@#/ked :lovin: I might see if I can get it on a band saw somewhere and cut it through all the ports just to have a look :hmm: . I don't know if anyone has done this already but it might just show us all how much we have to play with :yes: for the next one HAHA :P not for a bloody while I hope . Anyway how is your BEAST coming along and have you run it with the NOS yet ?. Hi Ken if I was able to charge him for all the I've done on this little Rolla I could possibly retire :lmao: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave: Edited July 13, 201511 yr by TOMMYS Ke 11 Report
July 13, 201511 yr comment_698626 Well done guys. Awesome results. Gotta be one of the most stout na k's on the site. Bank details are in your inbox ;) Hi Ken if I was able to charge him for all the I've done on this little Rolla I could possibly retire :lmao: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave: As I said on the phone Stu, you shouldn't at least need to mow your own lawns for the next couple of years.... :poke: Thomas lol Report
July 13, 201511 yr comment_698634 :wootjump: Hi everyone ! just a quick update " YES VERY HAPPY " just had Thomas little Rolla back on the Dyno for a retune with the new head and fuel pump setup and pleased to say it made 121.8 rwhp and 160ft pound of torque :2thumbs: with a couple of hard pulls was getting a bit over 180ft pound of torque :yes: so yes we are smiling . Cheers:- Stuart :wave: That's a very impressive figure! What are the cam specs in the latest motor? Report
July 13, 201511 yr Author comment_698637 Hi there Dougal ! Its the same motor just a new head with a bit more comp :thumbsup: and the cam specs are back on page 18 or there about I hope this helps you out :) .Cheers:- Stuart :wave: Report
July 13, 201511 yr Author comment_698645 On a totally different matter and a bit :offtopic: just a heads up to all Hyundai Elantra owners if you ever have to replace your water pump " JUST SELL THE F@#kING THING " :wtf: were they thinking putting it where they did :bash: just been set up real good by my brother who I hope is sitting at home in a WORLD OF PAIN :harhar: as he had a knee replacement operation last Thursday and ask if I could fix his wife's car ! thanks bro :hammer: what a joke ; got to pull that much shit of to get to it :rant: for a consumable item not much thought put in to it :no: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave: Edited July 14, 201511 yr by TOMMYS Ke 11 Report
July 14, 201511 yr comment_698652 Well done guys. Awesome results. Gotta be one of the most stout na k's on the site. I reckon you'd be right Si. I don't think too many n/a K's would touch it. Its really only 15whp off my old blown setup. Grats guys!!!!! Edited July 14, 201511 yr by kickn5k Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now