My Ke 11

TOMMYS Ke 11

• 3 months later...
Members dont see this ad

So a crack in the head pulled the little rolla up for a short time but with some sorting out and Dad back on the die grinder she breaths again I'm sure Dad will elaborate for you guys exactly what went on... Also the new shell has almost made its way into the shed so maybe a new rolla coming out soon we will be sure to keep everyone posted.

post-5637-0-49673800-1436430548_thumb.jpg

post-5637-0-02078500-1436430616_thumb.jpg

post-5637-0-89915100-1436430674_thumb.jpg

post-5637-0-76178600-1436430731_thumb.jpg

post-5637-0-78955700-1436430787_thumb.jpg

post-5637-0-75268900-1436430836_thumb.jpg

post-5637-0-56543700-1436431059_thumb.jpg

post-5637-0-44147900-1436431117_thumb.jpg

post-5637-0-07705600-1436431171_thumb.jpg

post-5637-0-97894500-1436431237_thumb.jpg

Hi there everyone ! Haven't posted for a while as not a lot has been going on ( With our cars ) but been busy with everyone else's :down: . That was until Thomas little beast decided to give us some grief :wtf: as Thomas has said ! cracked head :rant: so another session on the die grinder 7hrs and then 3hrs on the wet/dry paper 400-600-800-1200-1500 and finish with 2000 on the exhaust ports look like mirrors when finished :2thumbs: inlet ports were polished as well then spiralled ground to help with fuel atomisation then of to the machine shop for bigger valves / new valve seats / 3 angle valve grind / facing and have all the combustion chambers matched / we also upped the compression to 11.1 -1 :) . Thomas recons the little Rolla is running better than ever but we still need to book it in for another Dyno run and tune . As Thomas mentioned in his earlier post we are just about ready to build a new body for the little beast with some fairly major modifications , we will keep you all posted with updates and pics once we get started ;) . Just looked at the pics Thomas put up ! that welsh plug in the last pic is out of the end of the head ( 3k big port ) looked fine from the out side but I mentioned to my machinist to replace it and this is what they found so it always pays to replace whenever you get the chance as with all welsh plugs :thumbsup: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave:

Edited by TOMMYS Ke 11

:wootjump: Hi everyone ! just a quick update " YES VERY HAPPY " just had Thomas little Rolla back on the Dyno for a retune with the new head and fuel pump setup and pleased to say it made 121.8 rwhp and 160ft pound of torque :2thumbs: with a couple of hard pulls was getting a bit over 180ft pound of torque :yes: so yes we are smiling . Cheers:- Stuart :wave:

Thanks Ken :thumbsup: as I said we are very happy with the outcome ! although it did run away with cost :n: bit over 1grand to complete but that's performance engines for you nothing is cheap and that's with me doing all the port work ( 10hrs @ $90 per Hr that the boy didn't have to pay ) but it was all worth it :rocknroll: and I must say your little Rolla is looking " FANTASTIC :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: " . Cheers :- Stuart :wave:

Hi there Cleveland ! I'm not real sure how much is left on the walls but as I've machined it much the same as the other head ! And it is now f@#/ked :lovin: I might see if I can get it on a band saw somewhere and cut it through all the ports just to have a look :hmm: . I don't know if anyone has done this already but it might just show us all how much we have to play with :yes: for the next one HAHA :P not for a bloody while I hope . Anyway how is your BEAST coming along and have you run it with the NOS yet ?. Hi Ken if I was able to charge him for all the I've done on this little Rolla I could possibly retire :lmao: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave:

Edited by TOMMYS Ke 11
  • Upvote 1

Well done guys. Awesome results. Gotta be one of the most stout na k's on the site.

Bank details are in your inbox ;)

Hi Ken if I was able to charge him for all the I've done on this little Rolla I could possibly retire :lmao: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave:

As I said on the phone Stu, you shouldn't at least need to mow your own lawns for the next couple of years.... :poke: Thomas lol

• Upvote 1

:wootjump: Hi everyone ! just a quick update " YES VERY HAPPY " just had Thomas little Rolla back on the Dyno for a retune with the new head and fuel pump setup and pleased to say it made 121.8 rwhp and 160ft pound of torque :2thumbs: with a couple of hard pulls was getting a bit over 180ft pound of torque :yes: so yes we are smiling . Cheers:- Stuart :wave:

That's a very impressive figure!

What are the cam specs in the latest motor?

On a totally different matter and a bit :offtopic: just a heads up to all Hyundai Elantra owners if you ever have to replace your water pump " JUST SELL THE F@#kING THING " :wtf: were they thinking putting it where they did :bash: just been set up real good by my brother who I hope is sitting at home in a WORLD OF PAIN :harhar: as he had a knee replacement operation last Thursday and ask if I could fix his wife's car ! thanks bro :hammer: what a joke ; got to pull that much shit of to get to it :rant: for a consumable item not much thought put in to it :no: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave:

Edited by TOMMYS Ke 11

Well done guys. Awesome results. Gotta be one of the most stout na k's on the site.

I reckon you'd be right Si. I don't think too many n/a K's would touch it. Its really only 15whp off my old blown setup.

Grats guys!!!!!

Edited by kickn5k