Ke20 Sl Model

Hi everyone, I am just wondering what did the ke20 SL model get that others didn't.

I know the ke20 L model was the base package, as they didn't get stainless trim over the gutter rails, or sill panel trim pieces, also the lower metal part of the dash was painted the same colour as the car, as was around the top of the doors.

I own a ke20 SE which got all the trim pieces and both the lower part of the dash and around the top of the doors were painted black.

But when it comes to the ke20 SL model, I am just inquizitive to what they got or didn't get.

Please all comments welcome :dance: :POSTPICS!:

Cheers. :yes:

Edited by ke20rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

my se has the chrome strips under the doors and around the windows.

it also had a sanyo cassette/radio, with sanyo speakers in the rear side trims. i believe this was a dealer/AMI option as it was pretty poorly fitted upon closer inspection, yet quite a few cars have had the same setup.

Edited by Jono

Actually Ben I know KE1X series a ADM option from the dealer was a VDO tacho dash mounted. So possibly could of got that in KE2X also?

Also in an old mag I have one dealership in Sydney in the day had a sports pack rolla that had tacho, extractors, twin carbs, could get black GT stripes, and big port cylinder head for extra $$ so pending how you look at it. Extractors and tacho can be factory.....not sure if it SL model only but.

ive had to ke20s with tachos mounted on top of the dash.

werent SL's, i rekon it was a dealer option.

owned a few SL, SE and L models.

over 30 years everything is so mixed its very hard to say what was original.

cheers, scott

pics?

Not sure how well these will come out, but they are 'period' shots. If you click on the actual photo, they show larger.

If you look close, you can see the tacho on the inside shot despite reflection from the window. Big mother of a thing. Note the bullet style side mirror? This is an SL (from other photo's) by the way

Handsome young fellow wasn't he........

post-4909-1213743578_thumb.jpg

I bought one of these in 1971 off Freebodys Motors in Canberra, it had the dash mounted tacho, blacked out window surrounds, blackout section on the boot lid and factory extractors/headers. That was about it. Had very flimsy door skins as I remember closing the drivers door with both arms full useing my arse and putting a bloody great dent it.

Majordad