Rolla Bus Ae82 W/rebuilt 4agze (yet To Be Started)!

RollaBus_4agze

Thanks guys!

Now that I have parts coming in again, I'm starting to get excited getting it to a finished state ;)

JiP, yeah I used to use the Dodge for weddings, but alot of people have no respect and some a**hole broke the origional diecast rear left door handles, and trying to find a replacement is becoming hard :y:

Its not completely snapped off, but its damaged :y: And the bastard didnt even own up to it :(

And the other thing that sh!ts me with weddings is confetti... it gets EVERYWHERE :(

But I do like to do leavers dinners as its usually younger and seem to appreciate the car more!

Johno, the coupe must have been a special order, as most Fairmont GS's came out with a V8... But mine came with column shift, 250 6 cyl and bench seat! And brown as far as you can see haha, the interior, the duco, EVERYTHING :wink: yuk! Who would honestly buy a completely brown car is beyond me haha!

Update on the Rolla Bus:

The good news...

- The dash and all plastics that go along with it have now been sprayed (pics to come) in a sweet 3 layered pearl!

- Rolla Bus stencils have been ordered (pick up next week) ready for the air brushing on the dash pad

- Door trims are almost complete and ready for pick up on Wednesday (they ran out of leather, so had to order more lol)

The bad news...

- The dash pad has turned out farked (lack of better word). When it was origionally a black 2pack finish, the heat at some stage when it was out of the car got under the primer and has 'bubbled' it slightly, which without sanding it back to the vynal cannot be fixed! I am getting a new dash pad on monday and mod it to fit (bit of cut and shut lol) then will get that sprayed mid next week if all goes to plan!

- The white faced replacement dials I ordered STILL havent arrived after 2 months nearly! Been in contact with the guy and still no luck... not happy! Especially when I had to pay in full... Phone calls will be made again soon, and the angry redhead will definately be surfacing haha!

Its my day off on Monday, Ill get some pics of the dash plastics and other stuff!

Cheers, Moe

Edited by RollaBus_4agze

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- The white faced replacement dials I ordered STILL havent arrived after 2 months nearly! Been in contact with the guy and still no luck... not happy! Especially when I had to pay in full... Phone calls will be made again soon, and the angry redhead will definately be surfacing haha!

Cheers, Moe

There are ae82 white dials on ebay but they kinda look out of place as the whole cluster becomes white, I had a play around with the pic and come up with some that I'm hopin he will make for me:

post-1373-1231573163_thumb.jpg

Also have you got any detailing done to the underside of the car, If so id like to see pics.

Does the guy do ae92 dials?

As I have done a ae92 dash conversion! :wink:

And how much?

As I'm very pissed that I may have lost $85 grrr!

Some of the underside has been detailed (suspension arms etc...)!

The guy who does my airbrushing is keen to set onto a hoist and airbrush the underside the same a the engine bay :(

I'm keen to do it...

But can be done later down the track!

If you get it airbrushed underneath you will have to lay mirrors on the showroom floor and have lights pointing under there too. Seen it done with a gold Toyota sorer. He got stainless steel pipes everywhere as well as gold plated items.

2 more questions Mr Moe, lol

Did your dash bubble up after you put the 2pac pearl on and did you tape up the mirrors or take out the glass when you painted them?

• 4 weeks later...

Update for Rolla Bus...

- Wiring is finally complete... Looks like I will fire her up for the first time hopefully next week sometime

- Custom parcel shelf is in (after a fark load of issues) along with rear seat

- Raised front end of car so I'm able to turn

- Grill and rear ganish is finally getting modded/shaved/painted

I'm still waiting on:

- Dash pad

- Other random dash plasics

- Interior door handles

- Door drims

- New window mouldings/clips

- Throttle cable/throttle cable bracket

- Boot install needs to be put back in (which I'm actually thinking of changing)

- Full Wilwood front brakes

Ill get some pics up Sunda/Monday fo ya'll :P

Also I am hunting around for a fuel filter... Does anyone recommend a decent one?

Cheers, Moe

Wilwood brakes? tell me more - size, cost, mountings, how hard they were to get. love the attention to detail mate. although, what issues did you encounter with your parcel shelf? Fuel filter...err...ryco/k&n maybe, but i'm sure there are some better suggestions :P

Wilwood brakes? tell me more - size, cost, mountings, how hard they were to get. love the attention to detail mate. although, what issues did you encounter with your parcel shelf? Fuel filter...err...ryco/k&n maybe, but i'm sure there are some better suggestions :)

I'm guessing the Willwoods would be one these kits....

bigbrakekitow6.jpg

They're available through T3 IIRC for around $1300 and are designed as a bolt on upgrade for AE86's. :P

Hey guys!

Thanks for the comments guys :cool:

Got bored today and thought Id take a few updated pics of Rolla Bus for you all :hmm:

Custom parcel shelf

Colour coded speaker pods/speaker grills

100_2037.jpg

Rear seat finally in for good

100_2039.jpg

100_2040.jpg

100_2041.jpg

Brand new tail lights

Tinted using a mix of black 2pack and clear

100_2042.jpg

100_2045.jpg

Boost/Oil Pressure gauges now mounted on A pillar (used to be on top of dash)

Pods have been colour coded and bracketing chromed

You can also see the dash in place, its only mocked up as it will be thrown out (new dash is getting painted at the moment)

100_2043.jpg

Front end raised slightly to give me lock clearance

Is the same height in the rear (sits nice and flat) just shy under 110mm all round from bottom seal to road!

100_2044.jpg

Random pic of airbrushed rear suspension arms

Wheelarch plastics still arent in, and didnt have a chance to clean it all before photos!

100_2046.jpg

100_2047.jpg

Enjoy...

More to come shortly ;)