January 10, 200917 yr Author comment_306358 Thanks guys! Now that I have parts coming in again, I'm starting to get excited getting it to a finished state ;) JiP, yeah I used to use the Dodge for weddings, but alot of people have no respect and some a**hole broke the origional diecast rear left door handles, and trying to find a replacement is becoming hard :y: Its not completely snapped off, but its damaged :y: And the bastard didnt even own up to it :( And the other thing that sh!ts me with weddings is confetti... it gets EVERYWHERE :( But I do like to do leavers dinners as its usually younger and seem to appreciate the car more! Johno, the coupe must have been a special order, as most Fairmont GS's came out with a V8... But mine came with column shift, 250 6 cyl and bench seat! And brown as far as you can see haha, the interior, the duco, EVERYTHING :wink: yuk! Who would honestly buy a completely brown car is beyond me haha! Update on the Rolla Bus: The good news... - The dash and all plastics that go along with it have now been sprayed (pics to come) in a sweet 3 layered pearl! - Rolla Bus stencils have been ordered (pick up next week) ready for the air brushing on the dash pad - Door trims are almost complete and ready for pick up on Wednesday (they ran out of leather, so had to order more lol) The bad news... - The dash pad has turned out farked (lack of better word). When it was origionally a black 2pack finish, the heat at some stage when it was out of the car got under the primer and has 'bubbled' it slightly, which without sanding it back to the vynal cannot be fixed! I am getting a new dash pad on monday and mod it to fit (bit of cut and shut lol) then will get that sprayed mid next week if all goes to plan! - The white faced replacement dials I ordered STILL havent arrived after 2 months nearly! Been in contact with the guy and still no luck... not happy! Especially when I had to pay in full... Phone calls will be made again soon, and the angry redhead will definately be surfacing haha! Its my day off on Monday, Ill get some pics of the dash plastics and other stuff! Cheers, Moe Edited January 10, 200917 yr by RollaBus_4agze Report
January 10, 200917 yr comment_306399 - The white faced replacement dials I ordered STILL havent arrived after 2 months nearly! Been in contact with the guy and still no luck... not happy! Especially when I had to pay in full... Phone calls will be made again soon, and the angry redhead will definately be surfacing haha! Cheers, Moe There are ae82 white dials on ebay but they kinda look out of place as the whole cluster becomes white, I had a play around with the pic and come up with some that I'm hopin he will make for me: Also have you got any detailing done to the underside of the car, If so id like to see pics. Report
January 10, 200917 yr Author comment_306408 Does the guy do ae92 dials? As I have done a ae92 dash conversion! :wink: And how much? As I'm very pissed that I may have lost $85 grrr! Some of the underside has been detailed (suspension arms etc...)! The guy who does my airbrushing is keen to set onto a hoist and airbrush the underside the same a the engine bay :( I'm keen to do it... But can be done later down the track! Report
January 10, 200917 yr comment_306416 If you get it airbrushed underneath you will have to lay mirrors on the showroom floor and have lights pointing under there too. Seen it done with a gold Toyota sorer. He got stainless steel pipes everywhere as well as gold plated items. 2 more questions Mr Moe, lol Did your dash bubble up after you put the 2pac pearl on and did you tape up the mirrors or take out the glass when you painted them? Report
January 10, 200917 yr comment_306427 Moe here are a few AE92 white dash kits: AE92 White Face Dial Kit 1 AE92 White Face Dial Kit 2 AE92 White Face Dials Kit 3 AE92 White Face Dials Kit 4 Edited January 10, 200917 yr by Trev Report
January 10, 200917 yr Author comment_306451 Oh sweet... Thanks for that Trev! I don't usually use the Bay much, but think I might have a go... Report
January 10, 200917 yr comment_306471 Oh sweet...Thanks for that Trev! I don't usually use the Bay much, but think I might have a go... No problems. Report
January 11, 200917 yr comment_306598 They look wicked trev! I might look into that too.. Hey moe, you could ask them to put "Rolla Bus" on the dials.. he he! Report
January 11, 200917 yr comment_306599 Is there a way to charge the wedding with insurance or a bond?? Report
February 5, 200917 yr Author comment_315279 Update for Rolla Bus... - Wiring is finally complete... Looks like I will fire her up for the first time hopefully next week sometime - Custom parcel shelf is in (after a fark load of issues) along with rear seat - Raised front end of car so I'm able to turn - Grill and rear ganish is finally getting modded/shaved/painted I'm still waiting on: - Dash pad - Other random dash plasics - Interior door handles - Door drims - New window mouldings/clips - Throttle cable/throttle cable bracket - Boot install needs to be put back in (which I'm actually thinking of changing) - Full Wilwood front brakes Ill get some pics up Sunda/Monday fo ya'll :P Also I am hunting around for a fuel filter... Does anyone recommend a decent one? Cheers, Moe Report
February 5, 200917 yr comment_315286 Wilwood brakes? tell me more - size, cost, mountings, how hard they were to get. love the attention to detail mate. although, what issues did you encounter with your parcel shelf? Fuel filter...err...ryco/k&n maybe, but i'm sure there are some better suggestions :P Report
February 5, 200917 yr Author comment_315291 Just the size of the rear speakers I put in the rear... Much cutting was done :P Report
February 5, 200917 yr comment_315292 heh...farenuf...i avoided that, but mine stick up a fair way - fortunately, the view from the mirror isn't obstructed, as they are hidden by the front headrests. what size did you end up fitting? Edited February 5, 200917 yr by Bowler Report
February 6, 200917 yr comment_315304 Wilwood brakes? tell me more - size, cost, mountings, how hard they were to get. love the attention to detail mate. although, what issues did you encounter with your parcel shelf? Fuel filter...err...ryco/k&n maybe, but i'm sure there are some better suggestions :) I'm guessing the Willwoods would be one these kits.... They're available through T3 IIRC for around $1300 and are designed as a bolt on upgrade for AE86's. :P Report
February 9, 200917 yr Author comment_316361 Hey guys! Thanks for the comments guys :cool: Got bored today and thought Id take a few updated pics of Rolla Bus for you all :hmm: Custom parcel shelf Colour coded speaker pods/speaker grills Rear seat finally in for good Brand new tail lights Tinted using a mix of black 2pack and clear Boost/Oil Pressure gauges now mounted on A pillar (used to be on top of dash) Pods have been colour coded and bracketing chromed You can also see the dash in place, its only mocked up as it will be thrown out (new dash is getting painted at the moment) Front end raised slightly to give me lock clearance Is the same height in the rear (sits nice and flat) just shy under 110mm all round from bottom seal to road! Random pic of airbrushed rear suspension arms Wheelarch plastics still arent in, and didnt have a chance to clean it all before photos! Enjoy... More to come shortly ;) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now