Noisy Lifter

kangaroosa

Well this first pic is about 12months old - I recently resprayed the car yellow again, but havent got around around to rubbing it back and bufffing it ....yes i used acrylic.

My boss kindly gave me *wink wink* a drum of thinners, spray gun, masking tape and sandaper - so all it cost me was $140 for the paint. The back of the car is also a little lower now.

http://www.rollaclub.com/gallery/index.php...ide.jpg&idx=202

Heres the current dash setup

http://www.rollaclub.com/gallery/public_up...0-0009a_IMG.JPG

Heres the Interior

http://www.rollaclub.com/gallery/public_up...0-0045a_IMG.JPG

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, low. Two door KE30, somewhat rare. A very good little car,stronger than a four door, and lighter than a coupe they were always good to make into race cars. I'm still getting to grips that you drove it day to day at that ride height!!

Is the new paint the same yellow?

Hey guys - Thanks for the postive feedback. The front has still got about 1 1/2" of travel - the springs are stiff as all buggery, so it has never bottomed out on me yet. Yes its still the same yellow. Its actually Lemon Yellow Tinter in acrylic.

I've only been pulled over once in about 5 years of having the car lowerwed - it was a motorbike copper that saw me at a set of lights (i saw him looking at me so when i was out of sight enough, i put my foot into it, and tried to duck into a side street - the prick was up my bum with 10 seconds hehe. I just played stupid and innocent (But officer i didnt do it, i paid ("Insert Fake Company Here") to lower it, they told me it was legal) In the end he let me off with a warning and told me that other coppers wouldnt be so leanient in future. But i have never been pulled over since, and that was a good 4 years ago.

So i went to the engine builder this arvo and it seems i've rubbed a lobe off the cam. The engines completely out of the car and he's already got another cam and sent it off regrinding. It seems the original cam lobe was not centred below the lifter bore and so only half of the lifter was in contact with cam....strange i know, but i saw it with my own eyes.

Oh well, at least now i get my first oil change for free. He hopes to have the car back to me by friday....depending on when the cam comes back.

The interior was actually given to me - Well.. the seats cost me a slab of beer and the steering wheel cost $100 bucks.

A P plater chick in the street behind me spent thousands on her ke30 4 door (The seats, Steering wheel, Gear Shifter, Carpets, Reskinned dash etc)

She rolled the car and couldnt find anyone that wanted to buy it. In the end her mum saw me around the steets and followed me home one day and offered me the whole car if i came and picked it up. Good find ..hey.

As for the dash, i fixed all of that up with a new pioneer mp3 player and gauges.

I also made new door trims, as the other car was a 4 door. The fabric is the same velour and design as an AU XR6 or XR8 Ford.

If your talking about the pic of the engine bay..........its not my car. I posted the pic and then pasted the link here - but when i checked it later, the picture had changed. I mentioned the stuff up in a message below the original.

I hope that this is what you were talking about, concerning the manifold on the wrong side - that first pic is of a car that i have never even seen before.

Ground Clearance is about 90mm to the exhaust and about 120mm to the sill. The rear has got a few inches of travel still, mainly due to me chopping the bump stops and reshaping them so that they look original.

The extractors and exhaust were done when i first got the car, which was obviously before it was lowered. Having said this, the exhaust shop blokes were not to fussy when it came to tucking the exhaust up out of the way, so if i could be bothered paying to have the exhaust redone, i would get it set up nicely.

I might have to get something done about the exhaust in the future as this new 5k makes it pretty bloody loud. At idle the car is deep and lumpy, and when i went for a spin around the block, my mate said he could hear every gear change right around the block. I'm happy with exhaust note - I don't think i can say the same for my neighbours.

I remember seeing pics of a 4 door ke30, yellow with race seats and 4 blokes sitting in the back to lower it - Who's car is that? I wanted to ask what mags are on it and if they are the same stud pattern as mine - I saw the disc rotors on the back so i'm guessing the stud pattern is different - Nice wheels though.