Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ravens 'other' Ke25

Featured Replies

  • Author

Might have it ready enough to take over but will see how I go as I need to get the Magna clutch sorted too.

 

On another note, the head gasket went yet again, so this time I shoved some Car-Go Metallic Seal-Up in it, two bottles and its fixed it good and proper.

 

Just need to do an oil change as it milk-shaked (will do that tomorrow after work) and should be fine until the valve-stem seals on the 3k head I have are swapped over.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Scored a set of KE30 axles from the wreckers and was going to shorten them and fit up the locker up today, but ran out of time, and also noticed that the pinioin nut is missing on the locker, so will have to salvage one from the wreckers possibly tomorrow. Locker wont be fitted for a couple of weeks now as I want to replace the bearings in the diff and get the pre-load set correctly anyway.

 

I also fixed the rear end rattle today which was due to loose shock absorbers..... not my doing though.

 

Now that they're tight, the car doesn't seem to tram track anymore, though I will get a wheel alignment done asap anyway after SLO-030's incident with a kerb before he sold it to me. :'(

Edited by Raven

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

A bit of an update for you all.

 

Did some mods today and changed the valve stem seals on and fitted a shaved 3K head onto the 4K block. Goes a bit harder now ;)

 

Also changed the hubs over to KE30 items using KE20 rotors.

 

All bolts up the same and uses the same bearings (I checked the numbers) so it was an easy change. so 114.3 x 4 PCD now at the front and still the 110 x 4 PCD at the rear (until I get the axles shortened, resplined and hardened again).

Edited by Raven

  • Author

Having a few brake issues at the moment, as I have to pump the brake pedal to get any sort of braking happening.

 

Overhauled the rear brakes with new wheel cylinders and shoes and it still didnt fix it. I changed the master cylinder over with a known working one too, so the only thing I can put it down to is one of the front calipers has a slight leak internally.

 

Going to swap them over with the calipers from my yellow KE25 this thursday and see how I go then. ;)

  • Author

Gave it another bleed today and no go. Intermittent brakes shit me to tears!

 

If anyone in adelaide has a pressure brake bleeder, let me know as I need this sorted before my trip at the end of the month.

Gave it another bleed today and no go. Intermittent brakes shit me to tears!

 

If anyone in adelaide has a pressure brake bleeder, let me know as I need this sorted before my trip at the end of the month.

 

did you try using a window washer pump onto the bleeder and reverse inject clean fuild into the system?

  • Author
did you try using a window washer pump onto the bleeder and reverse inject clean fuild into the system?

 

I've spent far too much time as it is to bother with any other attempts to try and get the brakes working.

 

I've never had this issue with any braking system before and I even started from scratch and bled the master cylinder first today and then went on to bleed the rest of the system, starting from the rear left, then rear right then front left and then front right.

Edited by Raven

do these run a booster?

might be the booster f@$ked if you know the master is good and your sure you bled the master right.

i know i went through the same shit with my car when i replaced the master until i realised i needed to bleed the master.

that is interesting then.

maybe try a new master, as you may have phucked the seal in the second hand master swapping it over as the pedal travels further, and this area will be rough with corrosion, and will damage the seal and it wont do its job.

just a thought...

small leaks wont cause you to have to pump the pedal up, it will just drop gradually....

I have had this intermittent problem on my ke25.

 

The problem turned out to be in the master cylinder,

 

there are two rubbers in there, the one that stops the fluid from running onto your foot,

 

and the little one that seals the fluid reserve off, its this little rubber that was the problem in my case.

 

finding a kit was a fair bit of drama too.

 

Hope this helps :yes:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.