Bigger Rims On A Ke70

trav_555

It appears the crowd is pretty divided.

Honestly, put on whatever you like. we've made you aware of pretty much everything that might be of detriment with doing it, and its up to you to decide. Please, do not ever go down the big bolt on spacers and positive offset wheels route. Apologies to anyone who has but at least get some dish happening. I have seen the odd pair of 17s on a 70 that were tolerable, but I reckon if you must do it get some with a little dish off of an R31 or Silvia, as someone said above.

I guess I just like my cars to be a little original styled. At least at first glance.

15s look huge on a 70 anyhow.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears the crowd is pretty divided.

Honestly, put on whatever you like. we've made you aware of pretty much everything that might be of detriment with doing it, and its up to you to decide. Please, do not ever go down the big bolt on spacers and positive offset wheels route. Apologies to anyone who has but at least get some dish happening. I have seen the odd pair of 17s on a 70 that were tolerable, but I reckon if you must do it get some with a little dish off of an R31 or Silvia, as someone said above.

I guess I just like my cars to be a little original styled. At least at first glance.

15s look huge on a 70 anyhow.

i quoted the r31/s13 rim style on page 1. and to answer your question about how you can only lower your car so much on 17s

because if your running 15's you can lower your car 2" more with the same guard scrubbidge.

i think the forums have taught a lesson.

and those rims on the wagon look pretty nice, theyre a pretty good choice. so I'm not totally against the whole 17" on e7s

just those ones because they are a shocking rim choice.

have you found another set of rims ?

i picked my ones up for $600 with $500 worth of rubber on there 100% 185/60 14 bridgstone g3's a lot cheaper in tyres as well once you shread through them.

17's on a ke70? Why not fulleh hectic 20x5 +500 offset chromes bro?

May i ask as to why you purchased a KE70?

I'm getting 13's for mine (currently running 14's) (looking at 8' with -12 to -18 offset) with 175/185 55(or lowest profile i can find in aus) just so the kesev is as low to the ground as possible...

I'm goin into town tomorow and gonna have a look at some rims in the tyre shops thanks guys

i bought an e7 cause its rear wheel 4 door cheap on fuel and can get really powerful and i like boxy shapes lol. (and it was so cheap to buy haha)

see ya and ill get back to ya with some rim ideas ive got

"for daily use and a bit of street"

I laughed at this comment :(

Anyway, if you want 17s get 17s, KPROLN had 18s on a few of his ke70's so yes it is possible.

I personally prefer 15s on a KE70, with some decent offset but that is MY opinion. I like D1doony's input..

“do what you want” yet then “how can you choose shcoking chromies over what you have just seen”..ok then

15x10's, yeah they would look good, but if a stock ke70 isn't gonna turn 17x7s what makes you think its gonna turn 15x10s lol, and with rims like that and the flair that would be needed you'd hope it would be a track only car unless you like being raped by the boys in blue everytime the car touches tarmac.

Believe me when I say that 15x8 -9s with flared hand guards attract more attention from the po-po than 17s

That is all...

Cheers, Ben.

Edited by benzo

Well, while everyone is being opinionated, heres mine.

I recon the "my wheels don't fit so i bashed the crap out my gaurd" look is pathetic.

I also recon the "my wheels don't fit so i got some 155's stretched on them" look is just as gay.

There is nothing retro about either of these looks, its just a Jap want-to-be, or was that wannabe.

A nice set of 15s can look awesome on any rola, provided they actually fit (positive offset not negitive).

13s and 14s so we can go "super low" is stupid, you can't drive it dragging on the ground, why don't you take the wheels off, then it would be low :(

I recon the whitewall look is cool, as i rarely see it in real life.

A set of 17s or 18s can also look awesome, and can be completely legal.

Spacers suck, especially if you have power, but i know of at least 20 styles of big rims that are perfect fit for an old rola.

So theres my opinion to add to the list, but at the end of the day, whatever floats your boat.

check the state laws, its illegal to change the wheel size more than 1-2" I'm alot of states without engeneering. so if your in an area which you would get defected then this maybe an issue.

if you have stock hight suspension you could fit huge 17/18" wheels under it, and lift it another cople of inchs making it look like a monster truck..

as for guard flaring, yes you bash the f@$k out of the guards evenly then bog, sand, primer and paint them.. ofcorse they are going to look mc arse if you have paint chipped out, un smooth edges etc.. duh

check the state laws, its illegal to change the wheel size more than 1-2"

I QLD it is overall diameter that is measured, 17s with 205/40 are completely legal, 18s are also legal with 215/30.

if you have stock hight suspension you could fit huge 17/18" wheels under it, and lift it another cople of inchs making it look like a monster truck..

If the wheels fit properly, 17s or 18s, lowering your car is not a problem.

as for guard flaring, yes you bash the f@$k out of the guards evenly then bog, sand, primer and paint them..

Perhaps if you bought the correct offset, destroying your wheel arches would be be unnecessary,

but then i guess that wouldnt be fully jap old school dorift spec.

I QLD it is overall diameter that is measured, 17s with 205/40 are completely legal, 18s are also legal with 215/30.

IIRC it used to be 2 inches. I've got an old hardcopy around here somewhere, I'll try to find it and check.

Quoting QLD Transport light vehicle modifications booklet:

The rim diameter may be varied from the standard size

but the overall diameter of the tyre must not vary by

more than +15mm or -26mm.

If the wheels fit properly, 17s or 18s, lowering your car is not a problem.

Perhaps if you bought the correct offset, destroying your wheel arches would be be unnecessary,

but then i guess that wouldnt be fully jap old school dorift spec.

i don't live in qld thats why i suggested checking the state laws. there are also track restrictions as well so if you live in a state that requires a RWC or have super harsh coppers this maybe an issue for you.

if you have an offset that has the wheel sitting well inside the guards yes 17/18's probaly wouldn't be a problem.

destroying wheel archs? wtf, what do you think "pumped" guards are. this is a common practice right threw out car enthusiast/modifiers. my car isnt old school, not a drift car and isnt jdm spec. i have had to modify the guards to fit proper offset wheels. so to have the same offset in a 17/18" you would have to have the car much higher or shorten the guard lips which was the point i was making. if you wish to see "destroyed guards" have a look in my thread.

i use 14" wheels because they are period correct, meaning i like how they look its my personal preference. skid tyres are cheap. i perfur the feel of 14"s, ive used 15"s with many different tyres wernt happy with them so i went back to 14". for all performance 15"s maybe better but they just arnt for me.

15" wheels are really ideal as have a big chose of tyres but tyres arnt super profile less so the tyre car actually work. yes you read correctly the car will handle much better with correctly sized wheels. so having a 215/35 maybe be good for picking up chicks at the local kabab shop and doing hektic dorifto, but other than that they are best left to bigger cars. or do some people need to compensate for something?