New Improved Ca18de+t Ke30

lloydske70

hey all about 3 months ago i put a ca18de in my ke 30http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=19426

but now i have made some changes to the car and i decided to turbo it and rebuild the engine so i went out and purchaseed a gt28rs, GTR injectors, z32 afm, pintara diff, ca18det gear box, v8 landrover engine rubbers, cooling pro intercooler, vp commodore brake master cylinder, hydroulic hand brake, s13 instrument cluster, whitline sway bars, new leaf packs, exedy heavy duty clutch, 2 litre catch can, turbotech boost controller, Xforce dump pipe, lengthened lca's, dr drift remap ca18det ecu, ACL race gasket kit and little things i can't think of.

got 120rwkw at 10 psi yet to be fine tuned so heading for about 160atw on about 13 psi

025.jpg028.jpg029.jpg031.jpg032.jpg036.jpg

037.jpg038.jpgP1010027.jpgP1010026.jpgP1010025.jpg

Edited by lloydske70

Members dont see this ad

Nice work mate.

Not having a go or anything, but interesting your DOHC motor with 300cc more capacity made 20rwkw more than my 5k on about the same boost! :no2: I won't be making 151rwkw on 13psi though, probably more like 23psi! :P :D

Quick question about the hyro handbrake I have always wondered..... Do they have some sort of 1 way valve in them that stops pressure being pushed back into the master cylinder?

BTW, sent you a PM about T series. :S

Edited by Taz_Rx

car was going awsoem on the weekend man untill that death rattle, haha

sounds so bloody good now aswell, weight stripping is mad aswell, haha looked liek those sway bars and the lowering made a heap of difference, wasnt rolling as much

james

did you just simply turbo the NA motor? because if you did I think you'll find that the pistons are much higher in compression, the rods are much weaker, and that you don't have under piston oil squirter's. My recomendation is to pick up a busted CA18DET and rebuild that with forged pistons (get them for the states for ~$650, see dragonautomotive.com wiseco pistons)

150RWkW on 13PSi is a little down for a CA, try raising the rev limit to 8000 or 8500. Mine made 150RWkW on 10PSi @8000RPM with stock injectors, AFM and a GTiR T28. with a GT28RS and 440cc injectors you should be looking at +200RWkW numbers.

Cheers

Jordan

did you just simply turbo the NA motor? because if you did I think you'll find that the pistons are much higher in compression, the rods are much weaker, and that you don't have under piston oil squirter's. My recomendation is to pick up a busted CA18DET and rebuild that with forged pistons (get them for the states for ~$650, see dragonautomotive.com wiseco pistons)

150RWkW on 13PSi is a little down for a CA, try raising the rev limit to 8000 or 8500. Mine made 150RWkW on 10PSi @8000RPM with stock injectors, AFM and a GTiR T28. with a GT28RS and 440cc injectors you should be looking at +200RWkW numbers.

Cheers

Jordan

hey all just got my engine back from the reconditions with ceramic coated det pistons, chrome piston rings, honed , crank reground, acl race bearings, acl metal head gasket so getting it tuned in a few weeks so looking for about 180 atw

Nice looking setup there, its pretty common for the CAs to spin bearings so no big suprises there.

will be interested to see what it pulls on the dyno.

Nothin wrong with running high comp my SR is 10:1, has been running with a turbo for nearly 3 years holds 145psi across all 4 cylinders.

Of course you can't run silly boost through it but if paired with the right turbo its a response monster.

it all comes down to the tune, worst case if it blows another n/a motor is cheap at the end of the day.

i guess it comes down to what you want from the car.

Nice looking setup there, its pretty common for the CAs to spin bearings so no big suprises there.

Yup. They've got the exact same oiling problems as RB20,25,26s. Look up some of their solutions because it should work for the CA18 too.