Blinded's Ke70

bLinded_

Haha cheers guys. ;)

Yeah the time and effort he has put toward helping me with my car is just awesome. Really couldn't do it (as good) by my self so yeah good to have him always help even when half the the time he is against what I am doing ;) As for the gun bit, it may not be perfect, but f@$k me, he is a jack of all trades. Has experienced just about everything in his time, yet still churns out top notch results even 30 years later.

I'm sure he'd love to help do others but being 600kms away makes it a little inconvenient to say the least :?

Have them bogged up and sanded smooth so paint tomorrow IF I finish at a reasonable time.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that was one thing I am unsure about. It looks to be the wrong way, but the tyre is fitted with the outside to the outside of the rim. Tread direction runs the other way on the LHS, but obviously because the rim rotated 180º to fit that side. I rang Bridgestone to double check if the RE001's should have a lhs and a rhs tyre to have the same tread direction on each side, but they don't. So yeah depending on which side the tyre is on, the direction is different. :y:

Yeah 5K is still going strong :hmm: Hardly driven it though to be honest. Got it back from being tuned, then drove it for a couple of weeks, and then had it off the road again while I did the guards and other little things. But now I can't wait to drive it again. Though I must admit, I am already bitten by the power bug. Thinking a 4AGZE or GTE in the future some time, but not anytime soon. :y:

Yeah that was one thing I am unsure about. It looks to be the wrong way, but the tyre is fitted with the outside to the outside of the rim. Tread direction runs the other way on the LHS, but obviously because the rim rotated 180º to fit that side. I rang Bridgestone to double check if the RE001's should have a lhs and a rhs tyre to have the same tread direction on each side, but they don't. So yeah depending on which side the tyre is on, the direction is different. :y:

they are on right, they are not directional only have a inner and outer

looks great

• 1 year later...

Well, time for a bit of an update I guess :yes: (Quite bored and forgot I had this thread)

Pretty much over the last year since my last post not a huge amount has happened on my car. Just the usual general maintenance, but other than that, she has been great! 5K hasn't missed a beat and has been great fun since being tuned etc. Been flat out with work and have been living outta home for the last 7months so I have just had no spare time to do anything major to her. I think really all I have since posting last is just the remaking of my coilovers with better shocks, rcas and brand spanking new AE86 Steering arms. And also got some new rear springs that are lower and a tad stiffer. Really happy with the suspension side of it now, so all that is done as far as I am concerned :D

Was considering doing a bit more work on the 5K to get a bit more out of her, but just decided to keep it as it is. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" was pretty much what stopped me, as this is the only car I have so it has to perform daily duties 6 days a week :D

Current Picture:

wg0tz8ioxa5bfuikrig59c4s4hh9zm4eb6f5mqc3o16o6ht8m3.jpg

Anyways.....

...As always, once you get used to the power of a car, you always want more power :( Sooo...over the last year I have been collecting a heap of parts, slowly, to start my 4AGTE conversion :P Been building it up whenever I get a chance/motivation and slowly it is getting closer to being ready to put in!

Started with this:

9k5bl9bj0rvnhhau230bnv4pwd0v7719euef7iq23q08swrfxd.jpg

And this:

f8ugpswbmoppced1y9cb59u25c6iq02rrzl1ue8j19e2gq6nyy.jpg

And somehow it came out looking like this:

lmhlzxpw5x7jto0uzgwstrp1t51tpeali7abd2itzk69esdi2m.jpg

Pretty much all I need now to get her in and running is

- A donor AE71 (might have one)

- Smallport engine loom (Someone please sell me one!!! :()

- Suitable ECU (Unsure what yet...Any recommendations?)

Still might be a while before I have time to actually operate on her, as work is ridiculous at the moment!

But yeah, I think that's it for now :( If anyone has the above parts I am looking for, please, please, please let me know :D :yes:

Enjoy,

-Alex

very impressive work

Cheers mate. It's been very slow and steady. :lol:

Sourced a loom finally, so should be getting that sometime soon. Also may have got a Wolf 3D v4 coming for a good price, so pretty much nearly on the home straight in regards to sourcing all parts. :blinks: Only one thing at the moment that I need badly, and that is an air temp sensor for the plenum. So if anyone has one please let me know!!!

now we're talking!!!!!

that should get your car hammering....

is that a 4agze motor you have started with?

edit, i can see a 4agze CAS, so i assume you have a 4agze rest of it! lookin good.

ill check downstairs for that air temp sensor, i think i might have a spare.

Edited by ke70dave

Yeah lol, definitely will be a step up from a K series haha!

Engine is a smallport GZE bottom end with bigport head on it. Picked up the bare engine, and heaps of other parts from a guy off AE86DC (MYT-16V great guy to deal with :laff: ) Also had that other bigport which had a spun bigend, and just used all the RWD gear off it to build the new engine. All in all, it has come together pretty cheaply, but just taken aloooong time as I have been waiting for bargins/normal prices on things. :wink:

If you have a spare Air Temp sensor that would be bloody brilliant Dave! I think it is the final piece I need to get things underway. :thumbup: