The "omg Guess What Happened Today" Thread

OMG! So today i'm down the coast staying for free at the holiday apartment that my sister is staying at and i noticed that it doesn't have a floor 13!

Could it really be that bad a luck to stay on it? Would you? So anyway we are on floor 14 (13).

Its a "traditional superstition" i suppose you could say. The 13th floor is either omitted, re-numbered as 12a, 12b or even 12m or just straight out M (which is the 13th number of the alphabet).

Or its there but can only be accessed by a service elevator etc (conspiracy theories anyone....)

Anyone remember "Max Headroom" ? I do just, he was on the 13th floor...

You will also notice some houses have the number 11A on there letterbox instead of 13.

You'll find that most times its also that the block was split (or sub-divided) - 11 for the original plot and 11a for the new plot.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Oh Em Gee...

We went to the river on the weekend waterskiing and all that jazz, and I went wakeboarding for the first time in two years and I didn't get decapitated like last time! WOOOOT!

Oh, and I caught a fish!! :P

What, Did your head grow back from last time?

love wakeboardin and water skiing, thats why i build boats for a job ahaha

sucks about your back, surprised you were game enough to go back out, good effort :P means your toughewr than most of my mates who are suposedly guys!!

not saying your a dude of course...