Vic Wreckers

biG-tai

I was at Centre Rd Wreckers on Sunday getting a few parts. Whilst lifting bonnets to check out battery trays, I lifted the lid of an AE71 to find a turbo bolted to a manifold. At first I thought it was a conversion, but upon closer inspection it was just sitting in there against the motor and on the wrong side of the engine.

It was a Garrett turbo of some description (don't know whether someone stashed it there and was coming back for it.......) anyhow, i now know where it lives so if you want it or if its of value, let know and I will tell you where it is.

post-336-1219661246_thumb.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

There's a Toyota Sera at Centre Rd. Wondered what the hell it was and then why I couldn't get the doors to open. Finally clicked I had to actually lift it up! Why would you buy a car like that. Not much else new there. No twin cam AE82's or TA's. Couple of RA40's. The MA61 is still there plus a soarer. The RT40 Corona is still pretty much intact surprisingy, been there for months.

There's a Toyota Sera at Centre Rd. Wondered what the hell it was and then why I couldn't get the doors to open. Finally clicked I had to actually lift it up! Why would you buy a car like that. Not much else new there. No twin cam AE82's or TA's. Couple of RA40's. The MA61 is still there plus a soarer. The RT40 Corona is still pretty much intact surprisingy, been there for months.

It's much easier to open the doors when there's gas struts in the car. We took them out and once we closed the door, we couldn't open them back up! (too weak.. :y: )

Centre Rd sucks lately. :o

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot all about this till just now.

I was at pick-a-part in kilsyth about 2 weeks ago and spotted a Corolla. It was made in 1985 but was not a ae82.

Looked really weird, Engine was north facing and had the gearbox under the floor just like a rear wheel drive car but it was front wheel drive.

Blue, Hatchback. Nearly all parts were there. I looked at the maker of the vehicle on th ID badge and it was made my some guy, not Toyota??? Weird.

Never seen one like it b4 but thought id post it.

Edit: Looked kinda like a Nissan Pulsar ET turbo with KE70 headlights (Sort of)

Edited by Johno

I forgot all about this till just now.

I was at pick-a-part in kilsyth about 2 weeks ago and spotted a Corolla. It was made in 1985 but was not a ae82.

Looked really weird, Engine was north facing and had the gearbox under the floor just like a rear wheel drive car but it was front wheel drive.

Blue, Hatchback. Nearly all parts were there. I looked at the maker of the vehicle on th ID badge and it was made my some guy, not Toyota??? Weird.

Never seen one like it b4 but thought id post it.

Edit: Looked kinda like a Nissan Pulsar ET turbo with KE70 headlights (Sort of)

That was probably the GX71. I pulled the map sensor off it.

Odd looking thing with a 1GGE. Plate is different as it would have been an import jobbie.

There was a fairly rough 12/74 KE30 there too. Didn't look to close at it. Also an RA40 that looked like an abandoned project.

Edited by parrot

• 4 weeks later...

There is a complete KE35 at centre Rd today. Looks like it has run up the arse of something so most of front panels no good, but not so bad to damage the doors.

It isn't in the Toyota row, but over with the Euro stuff just after the Toyota stuff.

The AE82 twincam is fairly well stripped out.

• 3 weeks later...

i was down at kilsyth today and saw an ae71 in the holding yard. i enquired and it was only $660 but i didn't have the money :P

so anyway it's an '84 maual. if your looking for an manual ae71 pedal box head down there. i didn't ask when it was doing into the yard but i'd say soon.

• 3 weeks later...

To ease my depression at missing Maffra, managed to get out to Centre Rd this morning thus avoiding going to Chadstone for santa photos.

The KE35 is still there and has a perfect uncracked dash pad! There is also a very tidy KE30.

No AE71's, or any earlier KE's. AE82 twinky is still there though pretty well nothing mechanical on it.

There is a decent Bellet hidden away along the side if you are into those.