Doug's Delicious 5k Ke30

DouggehKE30

Its a magical switch, :yes: (que mysical music) BERWOOOOO :hmm:

And yes as Murd said, its for my amp. it is the wire that goes from the head unit to the amp to tell the amp to wake up.

Tiss very handy, used it last night even. When you want to listen to music without the car on, but don't have much battery life left.

And plus it looks better than just the plugs that are usually there.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car is curently off the road :y:

It seems that my 5k has had the welsh plugs replaced at one point, but they got replaced with one that are too big, (thats what dad said) and the have cracked the block. and is pissing out water.

So now i need another 5k, or a ready to use 7k, have started a WTB.

Edited by DouggehKE30

Spewn!! Yeah dunno about the wrong size welsh plug thing. :) They're only thin brass, You think they'd bend befor cracking a cast iron block if the hole wasn't big enough.

Just dig a trench across to top of the crack with an angle grinder and fill it with "need-it"!! :)

Edited by Taz_Rx

The first good run with this motor in, it got hot and lost water, so went back to old radiator, new thermostat etc.

But then still ran on ocation, so pressure tested it, still nothing. Seems it only leaked on ocation, but as soon as it started to leak it would PISS out! but i could still not find the leak for 2 months. until dad used the pressure tester at his work and finally found it.

Edited by DouggehKE30

looks like a nice machine, i learnt to drive in one of these before i got my KP61 starlets. sorry this is a bit off topic but i'm going to be moving to australia early next year and am of course already thinking about what car to get, went to have a look around at what's for sale over there but i can't find any decent online trading sites, there doesn't seem to be any site that has the monopoly like www.trademe.co.nz does over here, which works so well. where do you guys buy your cars from? surely not the old way of looking in the newspapers? i'd have to buy every newspaper in australia every week. there's got to be a better way yeah?

so all that brown crap on the motor is what?

my ute heated up really bad the other week and used all the water. now on one side of the block its all that colour... just wondering what causes it?

Wait Wait Wait!

I'll state the obvious.............................

Water stains!

Wait Wait Wait!

I'll state the obvious.............................

Water stains!

BAHAHAHA!! :cool:

I'm sorry i had to laugh. :y:

Yea because its and old moter it has rusty shit in it, thus turning the water poo brown, when the water drys up the rusty shit is left. :y:

stupid question i know, but i was just curious cause one day i have a clean block, the next its brown...

Well it came from somewhere.........

might want to look into that :cool:

Anyhoo, back to MY car

Probably just put my very tied 3k back in for now, wile i find a 5/7k at the right price. I knew there was a reason for keeping the 3k

might build up a 7k even though i can't afford it (hay dad can i borrow some money?)he he he

the 3k is heaps clean

n ur car looks pretty good

keep it up

hope u find a better motor soon lol

Cheers Myles.

And the 5k is(was) clean, nearly shiney, the 3k is as dirty as k motors get after 30 years 0f not cleaning it.

Close up pics tomorrow.

Cheers for the comments

Doug

Edited by DouggehKE30