January 12, 201214 yr Author comment_577062 thanks mate its just ticket over 7 years for me so it all takes time! as much as its sucks keep at it!! :) its comes on boost around 3000rpm too 3200rpm. to be honest its crazy fast but it seems really unstable when doing a skid like to much give somewhere if anyone has any ideas like diff brace kinda thing or opinions I'm all ears! Report
January 13, 201214 yr comment_577474 Read this mate, should be the answer to what you describe http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/57115-ke55-rear-end-options/page__p__574865#entry574865 Awesome car man, the paint looks insane, time to get the rewards for all the effort, lots of driving :y: Edited January 14, 201214 yr by oh what a nissan feeling! Report
January 15, 201214 yr Author comment_577715 caltracs for traction for sure n maybe short stroke shocks with out a rear sway bar.. I'm thinkin more along the lines of a panhard bar to attatch the diff to the body to give it a bit more stability in the rear as i already have reset leaves with tramp leaf just need something to hold it together under full boost n angle. ill try it n see how it goes.. thanks for the link yeah paint isnt even cut n polished yet straight off the gun when it gets polished just before powercruise in 2 weeks ill put up better pics!! i just put my seats in n painted my dash ill put up some pics =) your build looks crazy so well done gonna be sweet when its done, i like ur attention to detail like shaving the flutes n the indercator in front guard looks great =) Report
January 15, 201214 yr comment_577745 Thanks man, powercruise is so much fun! Caltracs create (under power) a solid link between the diff and its front mounts, the diff can no longer twist up or move around at all. What you are typically feeling under power is the diff twisting the springs into an 's' shape as the pinion points itself up towards the floor of the car. With a clatrac link to the front mount this can no longer happen and your diff feels like it is part of the car again, traction is a side benefit. Report
January 16, 201214 yr Author comment_578056 That sounds like the go to me!! How do you know how long to make them n the triangle piece to bolt it on to the leaf mount? This is exactly what it feels like its so dangerous cause it like tank slaps you when it gets traction =~| Report
January 17, 201214 yr comment_578173 I have not come across any tramp in mine to date, but know that the pinion has been hitting the floor pan, i would be inclined is between gear changes, So yeah caltracs would be a good start Report
January 17, 201214 yr Author comment_578226 Yeah I don't get tramp just need too stop the pinion issue what metal needs to be use is hi tensile overkill? Report
January 28, 201214 yr Author comment_580720 First day at Powercruise no major problems only radiator cap but it absolutely loves life so pumped hope too put up some pics next week!! Report
January 30, 201214 yr Author comment_581010 Got an award for best innovation so stoked definitely surprised a lot of big powered cars aswell as myself now for coil overs in the front n few other changes but over all I'm stoked!! I'll put up pics n vids when I start receiving them from other people :) Report
October 23, 201213 yr Author comment_633121 Hey guys sorry been along time in between drinks... Some news I ran it down the strip n the best i managed was 11.9! Do have few changes I'm making... Changing ecu to haltech n run few more psi =) n hope to get the 1/4 time down.. Also scoping some new wheels and front suspension in the near future.. Report
October 27, 201213 yr comment_633871 Hey guys sorry been along time in between drinks... Some news I ran it down the strip n the best i managed was 11.9! Do have few changes I'm making... Changing ecu to haltech n run few more psi =) n hope to get the 1/4 time down.. Also scoping some new wheels and front suspension in the near future.. Aren't you in tas? I thought tarmak had closed! Report
October 30, 201213 yr Author comment_634404 Was at tassie nats so while ago I'll get back to you on the mph! Edited October 30, 201213 yr by johnny t Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now