Oke020

oke020

Members dont see this ad

engine exploded, broke the crank ect. but ran a 7!!!!!

Yep, crank came out the front of the motor.

Weird thing is is that when I was at the drags the other night one of Scotts runs had a few sparks come out from under it, one of the guys that comes to work was there watching with us (built a very well known street/strip car) and said that was from the powerglide pushing the torque converter forward under pressure and is not good for it, it will soon push the crank out the front or stuff the thrust washers.

Yep, crank came out the front of the motor.

Weird thing is is that when I was at the drags the other night one of Scotts runs had a few sparks come out from under it, one of the guys that comes to work was there watching with us (built a very well known street/strip car) and said that was from the powerglide pushing the torque converter forward under pressure and is not good for it, it will soon push the crank out the front or stuff the thrust washers.

Incorrect, the sparks the other night were from the tailshaft hitting the floor, we since fitted caltracs in the last week to fix this, the crank had no end float issues, never has, engine failure was due to massive stock main cap failure, quite catastrophic haha, will get some pics.

Pretty stoked with the 7 though :)

Incorrect, the sparks the other night were from the tailshaft hitting the floor, we since fitted caltracs in the last week to fix this, the crank had no end float issues, never has, engine failure was due to massive stock main cap failure, quite catastrophic haha, will get some pics.

Pretty stoked with the 7 though :)

I am only going by hearsay, was told by someone out there that the crank came out the front so I assumed that was the reason why.

Wanted to head out but had to stay at home and wait for my furniture to rock up.

I am only going by hearsay, was told by someone out there that the crank came out the front so I assumed that was the reason why.

Wanted to head out but had to stay at home and wait for my furniture to rock up.

Thats cool was not having a dig