• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks HEAPS cleaner than when i last seen it, haha

good work man, hows the reliablity on these turbo 4k's?,

is it drive for the weekdays, fix on weekend sorta car?

nah mines all good now dan, think the most unreliable thing in my car is the battery!!! :)

because I did everything by trial and error in the first place, there was a few "issues" to overcome in the development process, but now its as reliable as a 4k normally is!!!

the only thing I do on week ends now is the addition of my bits and pieces, like yesterday after the rolla meet I was motivated enough to go home and start my new fuel system with an EFI pump and rising rate reg. :lolcry:

so you're picking up your new rolla today??

by putting the carby inside a closed box like I have, it has the same pressure on the outside of the carby as what it does on the inside. this way boost will not leak out of the gaskets etc. you certainly can just put a box on top of the carby, but it would need boost modifying.

whenever I register it!!! :(

a square box would actually be easier to use, ie, getting fuel lines and espeacially a throttle cable to it. mine sorta pulls around a corner.

you would probably need to get something custom made however, unless you can find something suitable in a wreckers etc.

I just wanted something that would be cheap and relatively easy with an "air tight seal", but ended up having a few dramas makeing this seal "boost tight"!!! :)

fuel line: has a hollow threaded rod about 30mm long that is clamped in by a nut on either side of it with a bit of gasket goop. rubber lines them go over that to the carby on the inside and the reg on the outside.

cable: has a rubber washer on either side, inside the adjuster bolts on the threaded part of the cable sheath. it does leak a little bit of boost up the inside of the cable sheath, but nothing noticable, i've got a bit of the clearish boost guage line inside the sheath and the the cable runs through that just to try and minimise the gap there.