4k-c Turbo?

KE70MAN

u'd have to get a pretty massive turbo or a crap manifold before it will start to lag... mine runs a turbo off a 2L subaru and if i floor it on the motorway at 3000rpm it has 10psi there straight away and will happly go off the clock in 4th... but that a bit scary in a old rolla :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats why my turbo is actually to small. sitting on 100kmh with just the tiniest pit of throttle is basically on boost!! :D

darren was running HKS 25/30 IIRC! :)

what is the availability of the 5k electronic dizzy like in NZ?? rough price??

think the 4k points dizzys pull about 40o max mechanical advance.

An the HKS 2530, which is rated around 400-450hp in garret rating, not

HKS underated rating. It wasn't laggiest in the slighest on a 5k, i only used

3rd and 4th on th street, as with 3.9's it had fullboost in 3rd at 70km, bang 4th

and go to 160km, The 300 degree duration cam wrecked that:), but made a lot more power, if i never changed the cam, i probally would still have that motor. With the baby cam it used to be dead even from a second gear roll on, up to redline in 4th with my mates

commordore, which ran 12.2 at 111mph in full street trim. I would have chopped him with the cam, but he woudn't run me:)

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

i've been told you can use the dihatshui carbs its look excatly the same as the standard 4k carb but its sealed a bit better and then you just have to re-jet.

I had one of these carbies, and they bolt onto the standard corolla manifold as if they were made for them :D

I also have a 5K elec dizzy that I may not be using now, as my SC is no longer on the 4K. Pm me if you are interested, I should know in the next few weeks if I wanna sell it.

A stocky cam, then a regrind by repco, had about 260 degrees duration,

then s stomper billet Crow with 300 degrees duration:), it lumped till 2500rpm,but was the only way to get it to rev to 7200rpm:)(peak power)., I woudn't go

over 270/280 degrees duration . The more power i made, the less rpm it was at, was like it hit a bottleneck quicker everytime. I still made 140 rwkw on 20psi, pump fuel with the baby 260 at 6000rpm!. the big one lifted power another 15rwkw with a few other mods, but most importantly, the more boost, the more power it made, even at 24psi it would make more power with more boost., but the 260, nosed over at 20psi. So yeah 156rwkw at 7200rpm on 24psi, the new owner can try for over 160:),

It will need a head stud kit though, it started lifting the head of the block.

cdheers

you could use the standard carby, rejetted, but not the standard pump as it wouldn't make enough pressure.

either re-read what i have written about fuel injection pumps and rising rate regs, or get a carter black and reg it to about 8psi, but this would probably be too much for the standard needle and seat.

6psi on a 4k is nothing, reliable as. but the fun doesn't really start until about 10psi!! :P

in blowthru mode, you could always try boost referencing the stock mechanical fuel pump. i see a lot of the american v8 guys are doing this to simplify the fuel system setup. also it costs pretty much nothing.

basically what you do is solder/epoxy/tap in a couple of nipples into the breather holes under the mech pump and run a boost line from the carb hat/box. this makes a stock fuel pump increase fuel pressure at a rising rate to suit the boost level.

in blowthru mode, you could always try boost referencing the stock mechanical fuel pump. i see a lot of the american v8 guys are doing this to simplify the fuel system setup. also it costs pretty much nothing.

basically what you do is solder/epoxy/tap in a couple of nipples into the breather holes under the mech pump and run a boost line from the carb hat/box. this makes a stock fuel pump increase fuel pressure at a rising rate to suit the boost level.

Does anyone have any pics of how the turbo is setup (ie:exhaust MAnifold ),thinking about doing this to the other 10 that i have.

Matt