Soulsearcher's Ae112r Sportivo Turbo

SoulSearcher

yep, mystik's right, 104.8kW at Toyoshow 2008, I'm hoping to increase it a bit (5ish) with the latest work, but with all the trouble lately, I'm hoping to get at least 105!!! It'll never be like the 2 with 165 but I'd be happy with at least 110 :( whether I get that or not remains to be seen.... :wink: I thought I was only running about 5psi, but I'm going to go down the path of a boost controller and have a high and a low setting, which then means exhaust work too so I may just get there!

I also have a coolant leak, so may be needing a new water pump!!!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you have some new photo's Lesley??? Engine bay or otherwise?

I've got issues with ROL14 at the moment. Got no idea what it is. But hopefully I'll be starting a process of elimination soon!

I must say, I love that you're a chick, and into cars, and modify your car, and you're cars the same as mine :yak: So much respect there sister!! lol

Are you willing to disclose an approx amount of $$ you've spent on the car? And how long have you had it??

Hey Julez :y: Thanks :yak: I've had the car since Jan 2006, so three years now, I'd hate to think how much I've spent on the car, I know that last year alone was close to about $8000, all those little things sure do add up!!, I'm keeping the engine bay pics kind of secret until March, it's not finished yet, but I will put up a before and after when it's done :loo:

What issues are you having with your sportivo? I've had lots of them, so perhaps I could help?

Lesley :yes:

Hey Bianca! Go to any AutoBarn, they're a synthetic chamois, in a clear plastic wrap with a little (about twice the size of a business card) sticker, with red writing, I can't recall the name of it at the moment, it'll come to me eventually :yak: there's two different sizes the small one is about $15 and the big one $25, they're usually with the meguiars stuff :y:

$8,000 isn't so bad. I mean I'm worried about what these repairs might cost me to get her back to her normal working self, without worrying about mods yet... :yak:

Its choking horribly at high rpm and loses power. Thats the main problem that I want fixed as I wanted to get her on the track soon but can't until this is fixed.

Now also its started stalling randomly and then wont start again. Like when I left from work the other day. I started it and let it warm up for about 5 mins before I left the carpark, then up the road (at the busiest intersection it could be at) it decided to stall at a red light. Then when it wouldn't start, until after about 2mins, when I turned the key it turned over.

So they are both kinda annoying and definitely effecting my 'Oh, What a Feeling' moments... lmao

Edited by Sportivo_65

Leads are fine, plugs are nearly due so possibly. Not sure about the stalling prob yeah, cause the car runs fine with everything (lights, stereo, air con etc) but it'll stall and then not start. I've only noticed it happening after the cars been parked for a long period of time in the heat of the day / hot sun. So no idea. Thanks for the pointers. I'll let you know how I go...

I'll stop hi-jacking you're thread now... lol :yak:

sportivo_65 i would suggested changing the plugs first.

IMO without seeing the car i would say your plugs are stuffed, the stalling would be due to fouling plugs. Usually happens while just idling or putting around. Then due to the fact that you have stalled from fouled plugs it makes the car hard to restart.

ha! went to go out last night, and my car wouldn't start, clutch started it, was fine, today I went to take my MIL home and it wouldn't start, tried clutch starting it three times, no go, I've just got home and am going to investigate....I'll let you know how I go!

I SWEAR my car is a hypochondriac!