Go Teh Camry

demuire

Members dont see this ad
i hope they make it rwd

Given Toyota's these days, haha, yeah right.

One thing that is a compliment to Toyotas, I was doing some driver training on the weekend, and there were a whole heap of Toyota Corolla's (new ones), and a few 200sx's, Soarers, etc. Pretty much through most of the day, the quickest cars around the circuit were the Corollas. There was 1 quick 200sx (driven by a chick!) and there was a Toyota Chaser with a 1JZ that was really quick too (and a whole lot of fun to drive! Mmm, BOOST!!!), but yeah, the Corollas were really quick... They obviously didn't have the acceleration or top speed of the bigger cars, but they went around corners at amazing speed!

new camery is a very, very nice car to drive. Considering i really hate 90% of new cars, still - the new camery - bottom of range, V6 is my favourite to drive - its just so nice.

But turbo it? - ugh... they really are quite slow. And not too responsive. But with that said, I'm sure a turbo will just get a new type of buyer in to generate more $$.

You want a car with some punch? Get a sports-evo corolla - Same motor as the new celica - VVTLI - Mmmmm :dance:

i don't believe toyota sell the camry sportivo as one of their "sports" range of cars, right up there along side the mr-s spyder. stock six camrys and magnas and commodores and falcons are nice to drive, for 30-40k they'd want to be, but crap when you want to get anything decent out of them like performance or handling or build quality or good sound or...

I use to drive the latest model Camry at work, it was the company car, not a bad car but I found the kickdown a bit slow, also it made a hell of lot of go fast noise without going that fast... spun the tyers nicely :dance:

The Falcon BA we have now is very nice, I was really suprised when I jumped into it from the Camry (I'm a Toyota boy !! remember that) so when I got into the falcon everything seemed to be thought out and where you wouldn't expect it to be... seemed more of a car with a soul then the Camry... hmmmm.. In my personal opinion, I think the Toyota design team needs to have a long hard look at itself, notice what the compitition is doing and follow some trends... eg: the dash designs in the new models is shocking! its like a big plastic box with all the gauges/aircon/stereo and steering wheel hanging off it.. come on guys!

Another thing... when is toyota going to pull its finger out and make another Nissan arse kicking street racer? I think its about time the GTR was put back into its place by a new Supra replacement (and if the new supra replacement is FWD I'm giving up on Toyota and going to Lada)

Rant over :D

I agree, Tom. I've crapped more exciting things than the current model Camry. Hopefully it will be a well thought out piece of motorcar, and not something slapped together that steers like a pig with throttle. I think I'd prefer to see a genuinely hot corolla though.....

ok lets clear some things up here...

the currant 2.4 4cyl manual camry is a damn good drive. no shit. its good. handles very well and has good performance, the v6 is too nose heavy, and is slower than the 4 cyl.

i saw this car today at the motorshow (pics will follow) and it looks very very good!

also i think it has the v6.. not the 1zz.... so if they got the power right, it will be a very nice car, and fast.

i say again..... the currant 4 cyl camry is a good drive.

My main gripe with them is that asthetically they're about as pleasing as a mid 70's concrete office block. You just have to look at a Mazda 6 to realize how far behind Toyota are in interior design...... (and exterior)...