Bolt On Wheel Spacers

Members dont see this ad

Most bolt on spacers are made of alloy, very bad if you have any sort of power.

You can buy ones made properly out of the right grade steel, but just one costs about as much as 4 alloy ones.

On a 1300cc corolla i would probably use them, but its just as easy to buy wheels that fit.

most cars 70's onwards i have seen have spigots on the hubs front and rear.

Yeh, I've never seen a car that doesnt have spigots on the front.

Yeah the ones i'm looking at are 25mm thick and billet with the hub centric section so based on what everyone has said, these should be the best of the bolt on spacers i guess :P

25mm thick, thats pretty huge. Are your studs long enough? Because you can buy the best spacers in the world but if you only have 3 threads per nut engaging that'd be chaos.

Id probably make them out of tool steel or even spring steel because it can be hardend. Might be a bit more expensive but id get wheels that fit in the first place :P

No need for tool steel, a lot of money for the wrong properties. Personally I wouldnt mess with spacers, hubcentric or not... just buy the right rims the first time.

25mm thick, thats pretty huge. Are your studs long enough? Because you can buy the best spacers in the world but if you only have 3 threads per nut engaging that'd be chaos.

Yeah they have a recessed section for the nut to sit in and these wheels will probably only be on for a year or so until i have enough coin to get the Simmons that i really want but at $654 per rim plus tyres, i'll have to save a little :P

Edited by KE ping it real

No need for tool steel, a lot of money for the wrong properties. Personally I wouldnt mess with spacers, hubcentric or not... just buy the right rims the first time.

Thats just me tho, plenty of it at work. but alot more spring steel. I'm with ya on getting the right wheels tho.

umm buy he wheels that fit ay.. well consider this for a minute, i have jap wheels with a small positive offset. they are still resonably priced without being taxed insanely. now yes they do fit okay as they are but they don't fill my flared guards.. now i could sell them and spend $800 on another pair or i can simply use some bolt on spacers that i have sitting here nice and handy.

which option seems to make the most sence? overly expensive negative offset wheels or wheels that already fit hence they only need 25mm bolt on spacers.

philby i think your where thinking slip on spacers. depends on how thick the wheel is from nut to hub. i have cheviots which haev a really thick part from nut to the hub and i also have some starsharks which have a very small thickness. it just another way for the manufacturer to add a bit more offset to the wheel i guess

also i don't think that spacers are for everyone, mums and dads who just want a set of mags on there car don't need them, but someone who is trying to get more track, aesthetics or that actually work on there car then they maybe an option to look at.

umm buy he wheels that fit ay.. well consider this for a minute, i have jap wheels with a small positive offset. they are still resonably priced without being taxed insanely. now yes they do fit okay as they are but they don't fill my flared guards.. now i could sell them and spend $800 on another pair or i can simply use some bolt on spacers that i have sitting here nice and handy.

which option seems to make the most sence? overly expensive negative offset wheels or wheels that already fit hence they only need 25mm bolt on spacers.

philby i think your where thinking slip on spacers. depends on how thick the wheel is from nut to hub. i have cheviots which haev a really thick part from nut to the hub and i also have some starsharks which have a very small thickness. it just another way for the manufacturer to add a bit more offset to the wheel i guess

also i don't think that spacers are for everyone, mums and dads who just want a set of mags on there car don't need them, but someone who is trying to get more track, aesthetics or that actually work on there car then they maybe an option to look at.

nice logic.

Buy cheap spacers from ebay to save money, bolt them up, have a wheel come lose while cornering and die in a fiery inferno....

DSCF1716.jpg

DSCF1717.jpg

and another note

According to an article in Street Machine they are not legal in any state, they are definitely not legal in WA. If you have an accident as a result of using the hub adaptors and survive, your insurance company will not pay for your vehicle or any damage you do to other vehicles or property.

something with a similar design to this-

363f224e.jpg

would be the best option as they put the majority of the load onto the centra hub rather then the studs.

but the fact remains spacers and adaptors no matter how well made are not not legal in any state that has adopted the NCOP. The only exception is factory fitted spacers used on some models (eg porches)

If you want to increase the spacing on the front discs then you can get hubs made to suit your intended application.

In the end, its your car, so do what you want, but personally, Id be spending the extra money on the correct wheels.

Its alot of "what ifs" but the major one is "what if I have an accident and kill someone" your insurance company will bail out on you as soon as they look into it.