Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Interstate Transport - What Courier To Use

Featured Replies

I need to get an engine sent from QLD to Melbourne. Possibly another one from NSW to Melbourne. I got my boss to try and organise one for me, but he came up with nothing. Toll werent interested because we don't have an account with them. Star Track claim our account is suspended (hanst been used frequent enough). Still waiting to hear from furniture removalists that we use for transporting joinery. Not sure on Couriers Please whether they do larger interstate items. The other couriers that we use are just smaller businesses that transport small items within Melbourne.

 

So who has sent an engine interstate and who did you use? Its got to the point where i don't mind paying a bit extra as long as it just happens!

 

The engine will be on a Pallet and hoisted onto the truck. I can fork it off at my end, so theres no dramas there.

 

I'm even open to offers if you have a mate/friend of the family that does this line of work and wants some cash on the side.

 

The engine in QLD is located at Birkdale. The engine in NSW is located at Kingsgrove. I'm open to offers of people picking up the motor (i'll pay for your time) and organising freight for me if you have contacts in a transport company.

not sure if they do pallets, but Australia post is a courior service, and a well priced one at that, i mean you could always ask if they do :P

 

give em a ring or drop into see em, hope it helps man.

 

Travis

  • Author
not sure if they do pallets, but Australia post is a courior service, and a well priced one at that, i mean you could always ask if they do :P

 

give em a ring or drop into see em, hope it helps man.

 

Travis

 

Are we talking the regular Aus Post? Last time I checked, they didn't do parcels over 1m Long etc. I would have thought engines would be a definate no go. Anyway, I'll give them a call and see what happens.

o ok, i wasnt sure, who knows, you can give them a try anyway.

 

Travis

Mainfreight, TNT (my personal pick) shouldn't be too hard. A Corolla engine is a small parcel for these guys...

 

You may have to pay up front, not having an account. Cost me ~$200 to get my engine from QLD to WA via Mainfreight, or ~$280 via TNT (note, this is a special account holder rate). I trust TNT more, worth the extra $80 ...

  • Author
Mainfreight, TNT (my personal pick) shouldn't be too hard. A Corolla engine is a small parcel for these guys...

 

You may have to pay up front, not having an account. Cost me ~$200 to get my engine from QLD to WA via Mainfreight, or ~$280 via TNT (note, this is a special account holder rate). I trust TNT more, worth the extra $80 ...

 

Thanks - I'll check them out tommorow.

I work as a driver for Direct Freight Express and I very often see motors/ gearboxes etc on pallets that we deliver to various workshops. I know they have a major depot in every capital city

I don't know the direct number for our Melbourne (as I am based in Sydney) office but just look up their web site for contact details.

www.directfreight.com.au

I've used Tasfreight for getting engine and GB's doen here befor Darren. They are obviously a tassie based company, but have depots in all capital cities. If you can get the seller to deliver it to their depot in Qld/NSW, and you pick it up from the depot in melbourne then you should only be up for about $150!!!

If they need to collect it from the seller, they use a local courier company as an "on-forwarder" to collect it and deliver to their depot, and will pass this cost onto you. Happened to me once and the on-forward charge was only like $60. :P

 

I have also found Fastaway courier to be quite cheap and helpful, so maybe give them a yell as well.

i sent a pallet full of stuff including a motor (engine worth over $11k) to Adelaide via TNT. buyer paid and organised everything but it all went smoothly.

  • Author

The problem that i found was that the main couriers wont talk to me unless i have an account with them.

I went home sick thursday arvo and had today off, needless to say rooting around on the phone wasnt a high priority.

Taz, I'll definately give your recommendations a call on Monday as they seem to be pretty fair prices.

 

As for direct freight express, I totally missed their number on their front page and went straight to contact us. When i was only met with a form that required an account number, I gave up.

did you find their number though, 1300 347 397?

 

have you got any prices as of yet?

 

Travis

  • Author

Yeah i just spotted their number before i posted. I missed it whilst at work on Thursday.

No prices as yet. Just lots of "No Account, Not Interested"

Hopefully i will come up with the goods on Monday when i check out the above recommendations.

try some of your local carriers not the national ones like TNT etc ifyou are having account troubles. They would be more than happy to take deliver your motor. Basically let your fingers do the walking.

I have also found Fastaway courier to be quite cheap and helpful, so maybe give them a yell as well.

Yeah Fastway is pretty good. And can be cheap, more so if your a regular user. But they have gone up in price a little with their across state and interstate servicing - something, like, about $13-$14 for about 5kg. I think thats about right, at work we don't really use them for the across state and interstate stuff any more cause of it.

http://fastway.com.au

For a "Price and Service Calculator"

Fastway have always been ultra reliable for me even with large odd sized packages. Couriers please are effing dreadful!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.