13Bt_Ke20's Ride

13BT_KE20

Members dont see this ad

just a question,

your car is making 167kw atw yeah?

so....i know 13bt's are good for much more power, what are your plans?

are you going full out eventually? or are you content with ke20+13bt as is?

not downgrading the potency of your car by any means - I'm sure it's a F##kn weapon....just curious is all...

Cheers,

Mark M

just a question,

your car is making 167kw atw yeah?

so....i know 13bt's are good for much more power, what are your plans?

are you going full out eventually? or are you content with ke20+13bt as is?

not downgrading the potency of your car by any means - I'm sure it's a F##kn weapon....just curious is all...

Cheers,

Mark M

well its was actually last dynoed at 155rwkw (different dyno read differently as you'd know)

don't really plan to go all out with this car (i am with my S3 RX7: cage, fresh paint, show quality, build motor, T04Z, etc etc) but the plan is to hav 200rwkw.

which has always been the goal for this car, will be easy enough achieved. highflow, 12AT secondary injectors, bit more boost and a retune.

The car is an absolute weapon as is atm, doesnt really need anymore power. Mainly want a hiflow becuase the stock turbo is too small and boost is tropping off in the top end becuase of it. Its tuned to 10psi but only makes 6.5-7psi in the top end. Hilfow will fix that and result in more power :y:

excuse my ignorance, but what was that about the BandM Line locker? How are they or meant to be installed? Opposite?

do a google search mate :y:

nuf said! sweet.

It's a very good combination, and very streetable...even if a little bit insane...haha

Pics of said show-quality, long-nose 7??

Cheers,

Mark M

cheers,

no such thing as a long nose RX7, just search S3 RX7 in google to find out what they look like. don't have any pics and its currently sitting with 18months worth of dust on it in storage, havnt had time to work on it but i have slowly been collecting parts. I'm in no rush to finish it, i want it done properly the first time which takes time and bulk money for the quality I'm aiming for.

I'm having to much fun with the KE20 atm anyway :y:

sweet.

I know what an s3 is, I meant long-nose as in the shape of the car front..haha

any skid pics of the ke20? haha

only some pretty old ones from back when it only had a stock diff, ill be getting some new ones once the cars back on the road. All done on private roads of course :)

post-3517-1246242708_thumb.jpg

My highflow setup was overrated but only once i welded the internal gate shut, no matter what i did to it i never managed to get stable boost control. Once i had a 44mm tial on there spot on stable boost to redline with no drop off. KE20s are a 10 second car with a well setup car and a 13bt/highflow.

Tipsi

B&M line lock is designed to be in the front brake circuit, when activated it allows fluid to flow one way only so you can jump on the brakes and it will allow pressure against the front calipers and hold it there when you get off the pedal.

Like many 13BT-KE20 wants to be able to flick a switch to disable the rear brakes, if you plumb it in the rear line using the In and Out specified then it will try and do what its designed to do, hold the brakes on. Switching it around and it just works like an on/off solenoide.

Edited by oke020

My highflow setup was overrated but only once i welded the internal gate shut, no matter what i did to it i never managed to get stable boost control. Once i had a 44mm tial on there spot on stable boost to redline with no drop off. KE20s are a 10 second car with a well setup car and a 13bt/highflow.

Tipsi

B&M line lock is designed to be in the front brake circuit, when activated it allows fluid to flow one way only so you can jump on the brakes and it will allow pressure against the front calipers and hold it there when you get off the pedal.

Like many 13BT-KE20 wants to be able to flick a switch to disable the rear brakes, if you plumb it in the rear line using the In and Out specified then it will try and do what its designed to do, hold the brakes on. Switching it around and it just works like an on/off solenoide.

did you have the wastegate enlarged on your hilfow? I was hoping to aviod going external gate on the car purily for ease of upgrade, a hilfow will bolt straight in the car as, i was planning on running an enlarged wastegate to help boost control. Plus I'm running a 2.5inch dump pipe and exhaust, IMO anything larger is too much flow and is the reason why people get ridiculus boost spikes with stock and hilfowed stock turbos

If i was to run an external gate id need a new exhaust manifold, etc etc so id probably upgrade to something like a GT35R. But then id probably need to upgrade to a 3 inch exhaust, etc etc and thats really alot of work that i didnt want to do with this car. I want to keep it as a simple set-up, ive got the S3 thats I'm going all out with, this car was built for cheap, fast fun

Good description of a linelocker, sorry i just couldnt be bothered writing it at the time

Names Ryan btw

haha Bianca, that was only little skid

it did at the t4s cruise remember :)

Yea i remember :P

But that was only with the diff tho. With new anti tramp leaves, 6kg fronts and MOAR power, things can only get better.

Any pics of the rear back on the ground yet?

Yea i remember :P

But that was only with the diff tho. With new anti tramp leaves, 6kg fronts and MOAR power, things can only get better.

Any pics of the rear back on the ground yet?

nah i didnt take any, i dropped the rear end down drove to the servo and back then took the front end out. Car has filthy and in no state for photos. Once the new front springs are in ill get some new pics :)