13Bt_Ke20's Ride

13BT_KE20

Members dont see this ad

saturday was warmish and plus the dyno room had to be closed because of somedipshit across the road complaining of the noise

that and different dynos will read differently, ie 74kw atfw on a dyno day, 2 weeks later i 69kw atfw, on 2 different days tempo wise as well as 2 different dynos.

but still a respectable figure

it went backwards ? :y:

vvvv pretty much answers it

saturday was warmish and plus the dyno room had to be closed because of somedipshit across the road complaining of the noise

that and different dynos will read differently, ie 74kw atfw on a dyno day, 2 weeks later i 69kw atfw, on 2 different days tempo wise as well as 2 different dynos.

but still a respectable figure

Still a good result, its probably dropped in power cause of the thrashing you have been giving it :(

haha 2 new pairs of rear tyres in as many weeks........i don't know what your talking about dude :P

stupid scanner isnt working so just took a pic with my phone of the dyno graph. Important numbers to note:

207rwhp/155rwkw @ 154Kph

442.8 N.M @ 109Kph :P

You can see how the stock turbo makes full boost nice and early and almost straight away starts to drop off, by 7000rpm its only making 6.5 PSI, this will be fixed with the Hiflo turbo and hopefully see the 200rwkw i want, pretty much only need the turbo to get it. Maybe some higher flow secondary injectors too, but thats easy and of course a retune.

post-3517-1237269871_thumb.jpg

vvvv pretty much answers it

haha 2 new pairs of rear tyres in as many weeks........i don't know what your talking about dude :P

Yea Fair enough, but none the less. more power than I'm making so a big thumbs up :( :D

Has Ryan been up to naughties now that theres less breakable stuff in the drive line? If he has......MORE THUMBS UP :y: :( :bash: :bash: :)

Hey mate when i used to run a highflow on my 13b the boost control issues became worse, finally got it sorted by welding up the internal gate flap and putting an external gate on the manifold so that might be something to look into. Shortly after that my 20 was into the 10s running 10.60s @ 125 :P had a jatco 3 speed in it, transbrake, was running 16psi with a 40 shot on the brake, pump fuel, i was thinking at the time that on race gas and 20 odd psi plus a little more giggle gas and 9s would be possible on a good run. My highflow had a bigger front comp housing etc so probably no ordinary highflow.

Hey mate when i used to run a highflow on my 13b the boost control issues became worse, finally got it sorted by welding up the internal gate flap and putting an external gate on the manifold so that might be something to look into. Shortly after that my 20 was into the 10s running 10.60s @ 125 :P had a jatco 3 speed in it, transbrake, was running 16psi with a 40 shot on the brake, pump fuel, i was thinking at the time that on race gas and 20 odd psi plus a little more giggle gas and 9s would be possible on a good run. My highflow had a bigger front comp housing etc so probably no ordinary highflow.

yes i know exactly what you mean about the boost control, most people find that they get an agressive boost spike early in the rev range. I have found this to be due to the fact people run a 3inch exhuast and dump pipe, which is in fact to large (flows too well) for the small factory wastegate and causes the spike.

My car runs a 2.5 inch dump pipe and exhaust for this exact reason, my boost controller is set at 10psi so infact i don't have a boost spike. The stock turbo simply isnt big enough so is resticting the flow at higher RPM and hence drops off to the 6-7psi (stock boost) in the top end.

I will be getting Adelaide Turbo Services to rebuild/hiflow my turbo, i will be retaining the S4 exhuast housing because a S5 one wont fit without bashing the strut tower (which i don't want to do). The wastegate will be enlarged and i will be running a 58mm front wheel, i think stock is about 45mm (?). This way it will be a straight bolt in/out job, no need to change the exhuast or IC piping. Basically swap the turbo over and swap the 550cc secondary injectors to 12AT one which are 850cc then retune the thing.

ATM i would be wrapped with a 12 sec 1/4 after the turbo upgrade a low 11 sec 1/4

• 2 weeks later...
Hows the ol exhaust fairing after your fail take off?

it was already pretty dented/flattened before, but its definitely flattened out the bottom of that section of pipe. Not to worry thats section is getting changed soon anyway.

I'm more concerned about the rest of the engine set-up due to the fact the engine in basically solid mounted :wink:

Havnt had a chance to have a good look at it yet, ill take it to the workshop this week and chuck it on the hoist to sus it out. Fingers crossed its all good, pretty sure it is cos i didnt have any problems after it happened