13Bt_Ke20's Ride

13BT_KE20

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
did you have the wastegate enlarged on your hilfow? I was hoping to aviod going external gate on the car purily for ease of upgrade, a hilfow will bolt straight in the car as, i was planning on running an enlarged wastegate to help boost control. Plus I'm running a 2.5inch dump pipe and exhaust, IMO anything larger is too much flow and is the reason why people get ridiculus boost spikes with stock and hilfowed stock turbos

If i was to run an external gate id need a new exhaust manifold, etc etc so id probably upgrade to something like a GT35R. But then id probably need to upgrade to a 3 inch exhaust, etc etc and thats really alot of work that i didnt want to do with this car. I want to keep it as a simple set-up, ive got the S3 thats I'm going all out with, this car was built for cheap, fast fun

Good description of a linelocker, sorry i just couldnt be bothered writing it at the time

Names Ryan btw

haha Bianca, that was only little skid

Hey mate, yeah i had an enlarged wastegate flap, even tried a seperate pipe and divider for the wastegate. My exhaust was 2.5" out of the turbo for an inch or so then taper up to 3". Still spiked (although less) but i think the large gate flap might of been pushing open easier due to more surface area, causing the boost to fall off even more as the revs increased. External gate off the manifold and it was spot on. If you can't get a gate on your manifold you could weld one off the exhaust housing.

Hey mate, yeah i had an enlarged wastegate flap, even tried a seperate pipe and divider for the wastegate. My exhaust was 2.5" out of the turbo for an inch or so then taper up to 3". Still spiked (although less) but i think the large gate flap might of been pushing open easier due to more surface area, causing the boost to fall off even more as the revs increased. External gate off the manifold and it was spot on. If you can't get a gate on your manifold you could weld one off the exhaust housing.

Hmm, well ill see how i go with the enlarged stock wastegate. Hopefully it will control the boost ok, if not ill upgrade to external one.

Mounted my fuel gauge. Boost gauge will be changed to a black face one shortly becuase its the only one which doesnt match :wink:

post-3517-1247292064_thumb.jpg

Hmm, well ill see how i go with the enlarged stock wastegate. Hopefully it will control the boost ok, if not ill upgrade to external one.

Mounted my fuel gauge. Boost gauge will be changed to a black face one shortly becuase its the only one which doesnt match :wink:

post-3517-1247292064_thumb.jpg

atleast now you don't have to guess when to fill up while cruising :yes:

made some progress on the car today before work, start late on mondays.

Front struts are back together with the 6kg springs and K-Mac Adjustable strut tops and are in the car. Brakes have been bleed and its really to put the wheels on and drop it back on it wheels, which ill do tomorow. Havent had a chance to finish the wiring, hopefully tackle most of it tomorow.

Got the car back into a driveable state today, been sitting for a few months but started up first go. Idling for about 30 secs and sounded like it had a stickie seal then died and couldnt get it restarted..........

Fouled the brand new plugs, so cleaned then and started it again. Still didnt sound to flash but took it for a quick spin and once warm and given some decent revs if cleaned out and ran heaps better. Really needs a good freeway run to clean it out properly so ill probably grab the trade plate from dads work and do that sometime this week.

New suspensions is nice and stiff, can't wait to take it through the hills and really test it out.

Went to tackle the wiring as well, starting with the fuel sender but forgot the car has a full tank of fuel so couldnt do that lol Ill do the wiring all in one hit, got thurs off work so probably do it then. Still have to buy a headunit between now and then so i can wire/mount the stereo in.

Was great to finally drive the car again be it only for 5mins and its given me the motivation to get it done asap

met my match in the form of a 460hp 355 V8 commie with alot of mods..... stayed neck and neck with him tho

few little issues need to be sorted out with the car but it was good to finally take it for a good drive again. Went well through the twisted but needs wider front tyres as its lacking a little front end grip, the locker doesnt help this either

had the day off work/uni today so thought i finally get around to fitting my RPM 4 point harnesses ive had sitting in the shed since last year. With the new suspension you definitely slide around a bit with the stock seat and normal seatbelt. Went to Revolution Race Gear on Main North Rd to buy the mounting bolts and plates i needed which werent cheap but you can't put a price on your own safety :D , highly recommend them. Very helpful.

post-3517-1248944771_thumb.jpg

Took a couple of hours to fit, had to remove the back seat etc to mount them how i wanted to. Was too dark for a pic when i finished so ill try get one tomorow if i have time. Looking at getting a pair of Cobra "Classic CS" seats too, there a stockish looking seat but have alot more support. Here a pic of the "Classic", the "Classic CS" has a headrest (which is a legal requirement) and makes the seat look a bit more like the standard seat.

post-3517-1248945191.jpg

Edited by 13BT_KE20

Hey man, i got a VDO boost guage here if you want it, black faced too. only gonna get put somewhere in the shed and never used again. its on offer i ya want it.

Harnesses are lookin good too. takes awa from the sleeper feel of the car but definatly sleeper < safety.