Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Featured Replies

Lookin' good Ben. :y:

  • Replies 522
  • Views 410.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • uhhh going to vic roads for a gearbox conversion? :huh:

  • Back in Melboune a few weekends ago we hosted the first All Japan Day car show, an event hosted many times in other states if I'm not wrong? Got the ke70 all prepped up, and I couldnt believe how much

  • Thanks Jay, once they are clean up they are like a different (new car).   After long searching I found a genuine sx/gti rear muffler, thanks to madrollafan! In good solid condition, just needed the

Posted Images

Looking great Ben!

 

These cars are deffinatly a credit to you!!

  • Author

Cheers fellas, :)

What I do with the cars is subtle and small. Yes its taken a long time but the real inspiration come from blokes such as yourselves who can really **transform** an old car into somethnig special and deserving :blush: :yes: :y:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey guys, just a little update.... nothing being a real break through or innovation, but I will be running the ke70 around for a while as its at my place for the meantime.

 

Saturday 5/2/11 I had a defensive driving course/gift. It was a 21st birthday present so I brought the ke70 down to Sandown raceway and did a number of defensive exercises. Its a good course :y: Driving it down through Springvale Rd and the Princess Hwy was to say the least

challenging when roads are flooded. Luckily there were detours in place:y:

 

After a full day on the track it was preety grubby and far from Minty :o So out with some Kitten wash, hot water, sponge and hose and gave it the first bath in 5 years. Prior to this I always chamoised it as it had dust from sitting under the garage. So a bucket and chamois would do :y:

 

While chamoising under the rear bar I saw what appeared to be surface rust, so this afteroon it was off with the rear bar, then with rags and thinners gave the whole beaver panel a good wipe down and it made a difference. Anyway, where the panel overlaps and is spot welded the silastic has dried and fallen out hence the monkey business that was going on. Once it was prepped I used the hammer and dolly to "seal" the overlaping panels and gave it a good coating of rust disolver even though there wasnt any and then gave it a thick shot of seam sealer so complete it.

 

 

Thought I'd spoil it and buy a Toyota filter, I had the choice between this or the z68 size

but though being a smaller capacity I thoight it could benefit with a little extra pressure. The box says its suitabe for a 4k or 5k.

 

And for a bit of fun I scanned an old school rego label from back in the day when you had to soak them in water for two minutes before applying them to the windscreen. And you only had one attempt to get it right, otherwise it was a weeks wait for a replacment. Bit fiddling with word and paint and its done :y:

 

Photos for your amusement.

Before

S5004058b.jpg

After

S5004059b.jpg

 

S5004062.jpg

 

S5004061.jpg

 

S5004064.jpg

Good on ya ben. If only I had access to facilities and skilled people, my car would be much more apreciative :)

  • Author

Thanks Jesse :blush:

This is the centre of attention for the time being, the AE71 is another story. Plans of improving it have been stopped.

 

The ke70 clocked 134,000 still a virgin :blush: I forgot how nice it is to drive

even if they are bit slow!

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

  • Author

A few more worthy updates,

 

I finally spat the dummy and decided to pull off my seat covers in the ke as it just looked

cluttered with these huge wooly covers. I forgot the condition of the seats as the covers were on for a few years... then I realised the bases were split along the stitching and the cushion was flat from use/age.

 

Then I recalled a while back a motor trimmer near my place, so I went down inquired and luckily he still had the exact roll of vinyl under his bench! Over the weekend I gave him the seats and before I knew it they were back in the car. They look like new, feel like new and smeel like new!

 

S5004095.jpg

 

S5004090.jpg

 

S5004094.jpg

 

S5004093.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

  • Author

Few more..

S5004092.jpg

 

S5004091.jpg

 

Few exterior

S5004102b.jpg

 

S5004099b.jpg

 

S5004097b.jpg

 

Toyota's pre oh what a feeling slogan. Brochure and scanner :wink:

S5004098.jpg

 

S5004100b.jpg

WOW! did he put more foam in the seats to give you a more sporty/hugging feel?

Loving this shite mate. Your the man. Appreciate your work buddy! I always enjoy reading your stories haha they're like adventures.

  • Author

WOW! did he put more foam in the seats to give you a more sporty/hugging feel?

He certainly put more foam in both front bases my boy, if I remember correctly he skinned the blue vinyl off, inserted new foam and with a fresh vinyl he stitched the "panels together" to make it looks as new.

 

Proir to this getting done, you sat "on" the seat. No support or anything. But now its like a proper bucket seat, you sink in as its thick and spongy and the squab for once actually holds

you preety damn well for a stock seat. I love it and money well spent :yes:

  • Author

OMG.

You can ride shotgun with me when another cruise is on :wink:

That blue vinyl rear seat at pick a part is crying out for you.

  • Author

Loving this shite mate. Your the man. Appreciate your work buddy! I always enjoy reading your stories haha they're like adventures.

Thanks Jesse much appreciated!

 

Next will be removing a few dents, small rust and some touch ups. Biggest paint job on the car

will the bottom of the front beaver panel and guards. Whoever had the car originally wanted it black :hmm:, looks weird and makes the car appear higher.

  • Author

With the seat the way they are now, its like driving a new car!

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.