Brodie (retrd's) Kp60

reTRD

hey guys i no this is not a ke but its still k series and its my pride and joy. if it is not aloud to be posted i am sorry and please delete. it not enjoy.

NAME :Brodie

MODEL :kp60

YEAR :1980

ENGINE : mildly worked 5k

thought it was about time i did this as i sure i have not made 1 yet.

i bought my bugeye just about 1 year ago now when i brother wanted to to aussie after i brought this for him. and i could not think of him selling it to some little fruckwit that would destroy it so i brought it back for the princly sum of $1200. when i brought it back it onl had 86,000 orignal km's on the clock. it now had 108,000 on the body and about 10,000 on a rebuilt 5k.

the 5k is pretty standard for now. it is sporting a standard 4k carb that sheldon had rejetted the secondary jett for me. it has got a cam that we have no idea of the specs as there is no markings/stampings on it. all we no is it is as lumpy as hell. on top is a ported/polished and skimed 4k head and is still running the standard hydrolic lifters. it breaths through a ramflow filter and gets rid of spent gas' via coby extracters into a full 2" zorst with a 3chamber middle muffler and a stainless dumpy at the rear. it is legally to loud (104.2dB at full noice & 102.2dB at 4000rmp) but once new motor is built the zorst will be made more legal. other than that there is nothing really flash bout it except for the gilmer belt drive.

is is lowered all round with modifyed factory front oil shocks with motor oil in them to make them stiff as and superlow lovells springs in the front and the sway bar having a bit more caster pulled forward. in the rear it is running compressed superlow king springs and shortened shocks.

wheels are 15x7" konig rewinds with a zero offset and are wearing 195/45/15 GT radials.

me and sheldon have got some big plans for the new 5k motor i have just brought so once the weather clears up abit ill take some pics of the new plan. and we will see what you think of the proposed plan

picture009xj2.th.jpg

picture008tz0.th.jpg

picture007rq9.th.jpg

picture006dq2.th.jpg

picture005oz2.th.jpg

picture004ze5.th.jpg

picture003qw9.th.jpg

picture002dh8.th.jpg

picture001gz2.th.jpg

4kpulleykits004wx4.th.jpg

4kpulleykits0032zf1.th.jpg

misc263sf8.th.jpg

starletposter.th.jpg

youtube video.

Edited by reTRD

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice rig brodie, I'd love to get myself a KP one day, but that requires importing from somewhere. :)

Are they rewinds?

We're not gunna knock back any toyota here buddy! :bash:

yea man konig rewinds. i went for the 15x7" option with the zero offset as these were for my other bugeye i was putting a blacktop 20V in. i needed this size rim to fit the big brake conversion i don't on the front (280mm U13 bluebird rotors with twin pot SW20 MR2 calipers) the project fell through once i got in a LOT of debt after my burns accident and having a year off work so i parted it out to try make up for some losses to income :)

I love that dash and exhaust! Awesome. :)

Go the 5k! Ever had it dynoed? :)

no not yet i havn't but once i get it tuned again (it keeps throughing out the timing by itself and is shitting out spark plug that only get about 100km's) it will be getting booked in for a power run on the dyno it only NZ$80 so once i get the car sorted motor wise and catch up on some bills i will be going for it. i don't expect much i think i would be happy as with bout 75hp atw but i doubt ill get it haha.

VERY, VERY COOL!

thanks bud.

Love it mate. Love the stock look - Looks really clean. Good luck with the body work, not that it looked like it neded any from the vid

the body is covered in little dings all over but it is expected its a few years old now lol. I'm glad you guys like it i am constantly getting young guys wanting me to swap there cars for it but not going to happin I'm not letting this 1 go.

i am going to be re-doing the interior once the body work is don't also, my mates brother does it for a living so its going to be put back to original'ish ( i am going to be getting rid of the horrid tartin in the centers of the seats.)

Edited by reTRD

• 3 months later...

i have finally edited this and put up some of the specs. i have just brought a new 5k so am on the way to sussing stuff out for the new injection build using 4age quad throttle bodys mounted on the drivers side with a loop over intake manifold. will get pics up soon of parts i have gatheres for this in the coming weeks

Nice, Whats with all the gilmer drive kits?

what you mean what is with it? do you mean y? they are lighter than standard 1's they look a shit load cooler there is zero belt slipage due to the belt and pullys having grouves and best of all they sound wicked

He hooked every one up. Got a dam good deal too if i must say so myself iv recently tried to get some and theyr nearly double the price Brodie could get them at.Any ways this is one phat starlie bro. Are you from dunners? think i may have seen it down there. Keep up the good work mate ,I'm keen as to see how you go about building this new motor..

(p.s the last one had a nice rumble to it i reken :P )

Cheers Sam

I mean why do you have so many, Been making a kit to sell to people?

oh i get ya. yea i sorted out the group buy on here and club k for them ay. they are NZ$700rrp and we got them for NZ$480 or NZ$520 including shipping for the guys in aussie that brought them.

He hooked every one up. Got a dam good deal too if i must say so myself iv recently tried to get some and theyr nearly double the price Brodie could get them at.Any ways this is one phat starlie bro. Are you from dunners? think i may have seen it down there. Keep up the good work mate ,I'm keen as to see how you go about building this new motor..

(p.s the last one had a nice rumble to it i reken :) )

Cheers Sam

cheers fella ive not hurd an other k motor have the same rumble as my 1.

yea I'm from dunedin, where you from what you drivin? the new motor is slowly coming together i am just colecting parts for it at the mo, i am desperately looking for a link ecu to run it all atm

Edited by reTRD