Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ran A Red Light

Featured Replies

Had exams this morning at 9 am... probably the most confident I've ever been for an exam. Finished it in about an hour and a half (3 hour exam) and started to drive home. There are two routes I could have taken... I was thinking about it whilst driving... what would be quicker in terms of speed limit, etc. I wasn't paying attention to the road and drove through a red light! I saw it but was already halfway through it and I saw cars take off on my right... so I missed a crash but still... most f@$ked up thing I've ever done in a car. One thing that made it awesome was that there was a paddy wagon waiting at the lights on my left and I saw him... I drove through it not really sure what to do so I just drove along at 50 (60 zone) hoping that he didn't see me (HAHA). Eventually he caught up to me.

 

Officer was hell nice... was sort of laughing and telling me that I ran a red light in front of cops etc. He said he didn't want a young bloke to die and stuff. He got my license and came back 10 minutes later with the fine ($150 and 3 demerits). Seems pretty fair considering how ******* stupid it was.

Been there done that.

 

Atleast you're aware how stupid and dangerous it is and will be no doubt paying a lot more attention while driving inb future. :jamie:

 

Accidents, or near-accidents normally have a prett good outcome in terms of driver education and alert-ness. You always walk away thinking...."well I'll never do that again". :yes:

  • Author
Been there done that.

 

Atleast you're aware how stupid and dangerous it is and will be no doubt paying a lot more attention while driving inb future. :jamie:

 

Accidents, or near-accidents normally have a prett good outcome in terms of driver education and alert-ness. You always walk away thinking...."well I'll never do that again". :yes:

What kinda penalty did you get?

 

I'm scared of myself now... I can think about other things but drive perfectly safely but this time I wasn't even aware of the lights...

What kinda penalty did you get?

 

I'm scared of myself now... I can think about other things but drive perfectly safely but this time I wasn't even aware of the lights...

 

 

When i saw your thread I was like "OH NO!!! He's pranged his car just before the photoshoot!!!" thank goodness you made it through unscathed. It's always good when cops surprise us by being decent human beings too.

 

Even the safest of drivers sometimes have a lapse in concentration, so don't beat yourself up too much... Just keep it in mind for next time. :jamie:

What kinda penalty did you get?

 

I'm scared of myself now... I can think about other things but drive perfectly safely but this time I wasn't even aware of the lights...

 

I didn't do it in front of a cop :yes: .... so I've got away with it. Still felt pretty stupid about it though.

 

$110 + 3 points here. But the stupid thing is running a orange light is exactly the same fine! :jamie:

  • Author
I didn't do it in front of a cop :yes: .... so I've got away with it. Still felt pretty stupid about it though.

 

$110 + 3 points here. But the stupid thing is running a orange light is exactly the same fine! :jamie:

So it was a red light camera?

 

Is the orange light thing just where you are?

i got hit by a bus, that teaches ya to be more aware, TRUST ME. scariest thing ever!

Hey mate your lucky you didnt crash...... had a mate die earlier this year in the same sorta thing.

the driver of the car he was in wasnt payin attention ran a red then Bang..... you get the rest.

R.I.P Siggs

pretty cool how the cop didnt go nuts.

I have done the same thing before not paying attention then I went though the lights and went WTF that was red!!! Sure is a wake up call.

 

But I see it happen allot at night i guess people are tired and they go through the red light then you see them up the road going really slow and stop for the next red light so obviously they didn't do it intentionally. Another reason to never drive tired and always have 110% concentration on the road.

  • 2 months later...

very easy to do in busy cities with not many cars around too, so many lights in a row very easy to miss a set.

ive been done by a red light camera racing the orange, i just lost it would seem :P

  • Author

Haha I am so cautious on camera lights...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.