Ran A Red Light

Mybowlcut

Had exams this morning at 9 am... probably the most confident I've ever been for an exam. Finished it in about an hour and a half (3 hour exam) and started to drive home. There are two routes I could have taken... I was thinking about it whilst driving... what would be quicker in terms of speed limit, etc. I wasn't paying attention to the road and drove through a red light! I saw it but was already halfway through it and I saw cars take off on my right... so I missed a crash but still... most f@$ked up thing I've ever done in a car. One thing that made it awesome was that there was a paddy wagon waiting at the lights on my left and I saw him... I drove through it not really sure what to do so I just drove along at 50 (60 zone) hoping that he didn't see me (HAHA). Eventually he caught up to me.

Officer was hell nice... was sort of laughing and telling me that I ran a red light in front of cops etc. He said he didn't want a young bloke to die and stuff. He got my license and came back 10 minutes later with the fine ($150 and 3 demerits). Seems pretty fair considering how ******* stupid it was.

Members dont see this ad

Been there done that.

Atleast you're aware how stupid and dangerous it is and will be no doubt paying a lot more attention while driving inb future. :jamie:

Accidents, or near-accidents normally have a prett good outcome in terms of driver education and alert-ness. You always walk away thinking...."well I'll never do that again". :yes:

Been there done that.

Atleast you're aware how stupid and dangerous it is and will be no doubt paying a lot more attention while driving inb future. :jamie:

Accidents, or near-accidents normally have a prett good outcome in terms of driver education and alert-ness. You always walk away thinking...."well I'll never do that again". :yes:

What kinda penalty did you get?

I'm scared of myself now... I can think about other things but drive perfectly safely but this time I wasn't even aware of the lights...

I'm scared of myself now... I can think about other things but drive perfectly safely but this time I wasn't even aware of the lights...

When i saw your thread I was like "OH NO!!! He's pranged his car just before the photoshoot!!!" thank goodness you made it through unscathed. It's always good when cops surprise us by being decent human beings too.

Even the safest of drivers sometimes have a lapse in concentration, so don't beat yourself up too much... Just keep it in mind for next time. :jamie:

I didn't do it in front of a cop :yes: .... so I've got away with it. Still felt pretty stupid about it though.

$110 + 3 points here. But the stupid thing is running a orange light is exactly the same fine! :jamie:

I didn't do it in front of a cop :yes: .... so I've got away with it. Still felt pretty stupid about it though.

$110 + 3 points here. But the stupid thing is running a orange light is exactly the same fine! :jamie:

So it was a red light camera?

Is the orange light thing just where you are?

I have done the same thing before not paying attention then I went though the lights and went WTF that was red!!! Sure is a wake up call.

But I see it happen allot at night i guess people are tired and they go through the red light then you see them up the road going really slow and stop for the next red light so obviously they didn't do it intentionally. Another reason to never drive tired and always have 110% concentration on the road.

• 2 months later...