Ke70 Wheel Sizes Questions Ect

Co Rolla

On my ke20 are 15'' SSW Not sure of the name. I payed $1300 With Tyres, They are a polished alloy. Look very very nice.

If your interested i know a shop that still sells them in penrith nsw sydney.

a shop that sells those rims??

i am interested so send us a PM if that is what you mean, i also want them for a KE20, or any old school SSRs that are at least 7in wide. ive already got a set of mark 2s but i want MORE, more dammit.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, what's up with the attitude here???

My opinion is, Old School stylin is maximum 15", deep dish if you like it, and either slap some fat rubber on, or stretch something thin over something dished.

You can of course go with the 18-19-20" brigade, but you really run the risk of ending up looking like donk_on_30_inch_wheels_dub_tour_1_1-568-426.jpg

someone who knows little about performance and style in relation to automobiles...

Funny to note also... the advocates of this type of automotive desacration also seem to share the same sort of attitude, you know the one... the "I'm a hard core mo fo with a big bank account, but for some reason, i drive a middle age corolla (not even one of the cool old school rear-wheel drive ones) because my claimed C4 corvette/H3 Hummer/VE HSV 'uses too much fuel' and I have to resort to insults because, quite clearly, my intelligence levels preclude me from a productive discussion on any matter"

The reason i am an active member of this forum, with it's conservative attitude, is that conservative attitude promotes friendly discussion, a sense of community, and definately a sense of class and style in a rediculously 'pimped' out world.

I work in an industry where i am up close and personal with many of the more stylish personalities in my city. We see a huge variety of cars pass through our ranks. The ones that get the nod of approval are the top end sports cars and luxury sedans, but also, the series I and II RX-7's, RX-3 and 4's the Datsun 1600's, 1200's and 1000 coupes, and corolla KE20's 30's 55's, TE72's and AE86's that have been done tastefully, with nice paintjobs, sensible, dished or race style rims, maybe a lip spoiler or subtle side skirt...

The AE82,92,101 Lancers, Hondas, Excels etc with bodykits, big rims, neons and sound systems are scorned, and justly so.

Not scorned for their validity as a style, but scorned because that style brings an inherent attitude that isn't welcome outside it's own community.

yeah really!!

why wouldnt i have a attitude you guys are too boring and conservitive here.

theres nothing wrong with buying new big rims,so get over it.

wtf are you talking about dick!!

if you want to start something,have a go....

i don't have a small bank account fool,i recently just sold my c4 $40,000 dollar corvette due to drinking to much fuel.

you get out of my eyes ok.

and no a old car is not a old at all,you can make a old look modern still if you want so stop talking crap.

my done up recent csi 94 rolla looks modern,so what are you talking about!!

stop embarrasing your self will ya.

loser

hahahahahah

you sold a C4 to buy a KE70?

first of all this is getting of topic,

secondly i don't have to prove nothing to you that i sold my vette,

thirdly whats this shopping trolley crap talk??

any car even a commondore of any model then is a shopping trolley,how about that then.....

i don't have a scanner to post pics of it so i can't show pics of my red 1991 targe top coupe i recently sold to a guy in craigeburn,vic called lance.

i sold the vette as i was sick of working on the darn thing plus it drank fuel like a siv as it was running a 8 t/b indivdual runner intake manifold.

it was for sale on the melb trading post about 4 weeks ago.

hooroo

hey,read post #27 will ya,i only mentioned money as the other dick started being a smart ass ok.

qoute" get over your small dumb bank account"

so how about that!!

and member sam Q on here will be able to vouch i had a vette as he lives 10 min from me and i will be seeing him soon in the week coming and i will show him pics.

no probs,any time/any day.

and btw,i don't have to think about any thing before i post......

Edited by toycsi

thirdly whats this shopping trolley crap talk??

any car even a commondore of any model then is a shopping trolley,how about that then.....

I agree... corollas aren't immediately shopping trolleys... I agree that commodores are more of a shopping trolley than corollas...

Shopping trolleys are slow cumbersome things that are painful to drive... like any commodore without power steering.

Corollas are quick, nimble cars, and are particularly light on the steering, even without power assist.

However...

Any substantial addition to the size of the rolling diameter and sprung weight will go a long way to drastically affecting that superb handling a set of stiff, lowered springs will bring.

It will have a huge effect on your ability to accelerate and pull up. Give it a try if you like... slap a set of chrome 17's on in place of your stock rims, and feel it for yourself.

Sure, you can do things to work around that, extractors, port and polish, side draught webers, heck, even a nice turbo setup... but why? you'd be so much quicker, turn sweeter, go faster and stop harder with your 13's and decent rubber, or a set of 14's or 15's without chrome, and those mods would put you ahead of the rest, instead of just bringing you back up to par...

Just reading the title I knew this was going to turn into a flame thread :P

CoRolla,

Mate if you want to run big rims go for it, there is a few (read: not many) people on this site and a couple of the other sites ke70.com & ae86dc who are running 17's+, I'm sure someone can tell you who they are...

I would contact them directly (PM) if you want to know offset requirements, etc.

KPRollin or some member name like that i think...not sure.. He has a hot pink 70 and I'm sure would be able to help you out easy with that info..

Toycsi..

Mate I appreciate you were just sticking up for CoRolla, but I've now read 3+ pages about you, your past rides etc and really I think its time to get this topic back on track...

Just for a refresher everyone KE70 wheels sizes 17"+