The Ke30 Project Begins

lildvl83

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

full resprays aren't as expensive as you might think

just do most of the work yourself and get pro's to paint it!

some fella tookk his kesev into midcoast body works morphettvale and they did all the work apart from rust for $1200

and rust removal is fun :y: and pretty straight foward.

if you don't wanna do it get some chum to!!

alrighty, picked up some vinyl spray. i decided on black, cconsidering when i get new carpet it will be black so it will all blend nicely.

tried to get the panel of the door but cannot for the life of me pull of the window winder. most cars have a split pin behind the winder (i have done it on some of my other cars) but the winder is flush up against the trim and can't the bugger of. i can hear the backing starting to split so not keen to keep trying, until i know exactly how to get it off.

does anyone know the trick?

There is a tool you can buy to help remove it. Personally I just use a small Allen key, hook it in and wind the winder. It ends up popping off.

As for painting the trims make sure you prep them up correctly otherwise the paint will slowly just chip and flake off.

i used to struggle with screw drivers and stuff to get winders off until i realised you can just get a piece of cloth, slide it behind the winder and wrap it all the way around the back, hold the cloth in place and turn the winder, the cloth snags the clip and it pulls out, and tada winder is off

Edited by oke020

and 1 more

He he, I have seen this before :P

Good to see your getting started.

You said you bought it off me, i was there yes, but it accually was owned by Kristian.

Since you have 2 Can I have one of your grills??

Keep us posted. Interested in what you get up to with the beasty.

Doug

well yes doug i did "technically" buy it from kristian but, he isnt known so was easier to say i bought it off u aeeing as u r his mate and u were there. i might have a buyer for the one i just bought (once i have finished with it), but if that falls thru yeah i'll sell u the grill off that one.

thanks for the tips on how to get the winder off, surely one of them will work. whats the best way to prep the trim before painting them?

cheers guys

Best bet would be to ask Greenmac80 or someone else who knows more about it. It kind of eats into the actual material so you can't wash it off either. So I'm guessing if there is anything like dirt or grease etc on it then it won't stay on where the stuff is and become spotty.