Trds Rally Car

TRD ke70

And he has a few more tricks up his sleeve, he's hoping to get the magic 300rwhp, which really shouldn't be a problem.:hmm:

Then he's talking anit-lag :yes: and larger turbo.:yes: She'll look the part and go like the real thing.:fuzz:

Edited by TRD ke70

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Sorry mate, but Toyota have stopped making parts for AE86's and KE70's.

Most of our stuff was brought before they stopped making it.

If you are lucky you may find some old stock.

It's that bad that we are know looking at repairing our old TRD rally shocks ourselves.

We turned the end off one the other weekend and stripped it down, interesting to see that there isn't much inside of there.

But the valve body is where it all happens.

The shock we stripped had blown the oil and gas out due to damage on the shaft, we have found someone to repair the shaft and have hopefully found a new seal.

We'll do the rest ourselves, including oil and regasing it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bonnet almost finished, just need to paint the under side and it can go on the car.

Started on making the mould for the boot as well.

Hopefully the engine block will be back from getting tanked and surfaced tomorrow and we can start on stitching that back together.

post-439-0-16742100-1327568047_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-57608400-1327568063_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-14261200-1327568013_thumb.jpg

Edited by TRD ke70

Not sure on how much weight yet, i'll have to get the scales out and check it, would be thinking around 10kg's.

The TRD shocks are a sealed unit, we had to put it in the lathe and turn the bottom off it to get access to everything inside.

Should be fun putting it back together, but i have worked out how TRD done it, so hopefully shouldn't be a problem.

I'll try and get some photos up of it pulled apart.

Anyhow, Tony is still turning up the housings for the spherical bushes while I finished mounting the pedal box and screwing all the cylinders into place. Yip, that took me all day!!! :lolcry:

post-439-1271574166_thumb.jpg

post-439-1271574272_thumb.jpg

post-439-1271574384_thumb.jpg

Hi mate, firstly I have to say, LOVE YOUR WORK. It is one flash bit of gear. I was just wondering if you had any photo's of the brake pedal box before you fitted it. I am very interested in doing simmilar on my KE20. Thanks. Paul.

Edited by ausca62

Thanks Paul

I do believe i only have these photos.

The biggest thing is the pedal ratio, i think we had to move our pivot point up to get a 5 -1 ratio, pedals like it's boosted.

post-439-0-26743200-1327820039_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-21816300-1327820055_thumb.jpg

Thanks heeps for that, 5-1 sounds good. You have saved me heeps of time, trial and error with that. Are they clutch masters you have used? Thank's again. Paul.

They are 5/8 cylinders from memory,

The only thing we brought was the shaft that carries the spherical brg and ends.

Tilton do the shaft and also a remote adjuster as well.

You can it in this pic, RH corner, the red knob!!

post-439-0-11122100-1327823222_thumb.jpg

Thank's again mate, you'r a champion. Paul.