Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would This Work??

Featured Replies

OKay so I've modded a few things into my KE30. The boot release, the handbrake console with cig lighter and my next one will be...

 

Now first pic is of a useless space located in a KE30 (early or late) and also in the KE55.

post-1158-1232095661_thumb.jpg

Now here is my sisters car. It has a similar shaped tray...

post-1158-1232095760_thumb.jpg

The tray folds out to be a cup tray...

post-1158-1232095867_thumb.jpg

Which then takes a drink.

post-1158-1232095952_thumb.jpg

 

Do we think it'll work?? Only problem is now I have to locate a late model car like my sisters at the wreckers.

Wouldnt have thought it would be an issue to find one at a wreckers if its a reasonably common car (probably wont find one if its and RS4 audi or something)

 

Maybe not your usualy pinch-a-part ke30 wrecker, but there's plenty with accident smashed new stuff.

 

Let us know how it goes, I've thought about this before.

does anyone know what purpose that slot is for on a KE 3X 5X ?

 

I would hit the wreckers and find one that will fit, I have been eying off a few universal cup holders off earthmoving equipment that would be very functional in a car.

  • Author

lOl I wonder if my sister would miss this cup holder :y:

 

Anyway here are my other inceptions...

 

Boot release...

 

Skank...

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...st&p=227222

Lolla...

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...st&p=228109

 

Cig Lighter...

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...st&p=189571

  • Author

I thin its a coin tray that can't hold coins. Its not on enough of an angle. Everything just slides out when you take off from the lights. It can't even hold a phone. Its useless!!

I thin its a coin tray that can't hold coins. Its not on enough of an angle. Everything just slides out when you take off from the lights. It can't even hold a phone. Its useless!!

 

It must be there for an accessory like the blanks where cassette players are, maybe some thing like a wiper delay, light or brake controller. I will copy some of your accessory's fitted above for mine.

hmm... i'm just looking in my owners manual and its got a picture of the dash fascia and its pointing at what everything is and it doesn't say that this little slot is anything. i guess even toyota didn't even know what it was for lol

The late model Toyota Hilux has those type of cup holders in the same spot too.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I've just had a few more ideas.

 

What does everyone think??

 

Not sure what this shape is originally for but I think it would be a great place for a light...

 

This is located in the boot behind the number plate...

post-1158-1235810676_thumb.jpg

And this is right under the bonnet...

One center...

post-1158-1235810717_thumb.jpg

One left, one right...

post-1158-1235810740_thumb.jpg

 

And I thought of this today. I just fixed my wiper washer bottle. When I spray, it shoots one solid line right up the middle. What if I duplicated it and made it shoot two??

I don't think it'll be hard...

post-1158-1235810859_thumb.jpg

 

What do we think, doable?? I like the idea of a light under the bonnet but not sure as what if water gets in through the vents and gets to the light??

Looks like the drink would get in the way when you try and indicate though?

I've put a light under the bonnet before... A lot of old Jags and Rovers have one.

 

I used one of those external number plate lights off a trayback ute... bright and waterproof, and they are grounded through the mounting screws.

Just run a + wire from the battery, add an inline fuse, and then to an old door switch (interior light) on the radiator support, and then up the bonnet hinge, through the skeleton to the light. easy job.

 

Got me out of trouble on a number of occasions when something broke whilst out doing silly things in the bush :dance:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.