Ke11 V6 Project

Rolliac

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey yeah its my car. thanks for puting up pics Rolliac.

ive choosen the v6 for the simple reason of heaps of torque. this is only a std motor at the moment which will still be very quick. std engine make 147kw. been doing heaps of weighing complete engine with gear box combo only weighs 58 kgs more than the original. alot of you think that its a boat ancor of an engine that weighs a ton but there supprisinly not that heavy onec all hangons are removed like AC, power steer, etc. we have been doin alot of corner weights and extra that weight that goes in the front i also put in the back, battery, washers etc, etc,

its a vs ecotoc v6 in std form at the moment but I'm building a new motor runing big port heads, big cam removed balance shaft and internally balanced components, individiaul throttle bodies, 11:1 comp, wolf v500 ecu, etc,etc should make around 300-330hp,

gear box is borgwarner T5 commodore box,

diff is shortend 28 spline boargwarner LSD

brakes are 290mm rotors and 4 piston rx7 caliper on the front, std commodore brakes an the rear, commodore master cyclinder and remote brake boosters vh40/44

I think its great, those dirty old holden engines are half the cost of ca/sr/gte/gze engine conversion. Don't look at the KW figures, Kw are nothing without torque (for a s1 VN V6 its approx 292nm Torque) and this thing would have no trouble keeping up with the other conversions.

I'm about to build another V6 conversion myself, Its not a corolla, but its something that nobody will guess.

What are the rotors are you using on the front? and on what strut?

What do you think she’ll do down the strip? 13’s with standard motor?

I think that any Holden motor discrimination will be out the window when they see what it can do.

I would like to see straight pipes, rear slicks and front runners (Convo Pro’s) and some drag racing.

Somthing like this:

post-5552-1234308954_thumb.jpg

interesting conversion, what are you doing about clutch master etc? when i first seen it i though eeeww (i think the dirty ol commo v6 and auto is the most boring powertrain ever) but with a manual, some engine work and decent diff it should be a whole lot of fun to drive. Does it need the flares? and is the front apron staying?

I've seen a KE30 with a vn motor and wow it's quick. I don't know 1/4 times but it mono's with tires 1 foot in the air on takeoff. My mate was dragging it one night. My mate was going about 180km/h and this thing overtook us like we were standing still.