February 22, 200917 yr comment_321373 what do you have to do to get this bonus? do you need to go apply for it or will it appear in ym account if I'm illigable? Report
February 22, 200917 yr comment_321375 Thank you MR Rudd.. You will be supplying me with the means to get my 6 volt generator rebuilt (takes care of around $500) and get my 71 year old vintage car back on the road for some enjoyment in these miserable and bad economic times... can't wait to be cruising inthe 38 dodge again whoooo hooo. Cheers Teza Report
February 22, 200917 yr comment_321388 You need to have done a tax return in the past year to qualify. If you earned less than $80k you'll get something. If you earned less than $50k you'll get $900. Report
February 22, 200917 yr comment_321397 So... the more tax you pay the less you get?? Well that sounds fair :) If your going to give it to everyone, give it to everyone! Report
February 22, 200917 yr comment_321401 Spent mine last night. Yahoo Japan! Now that will really stimulate the economy.....of Japan. Report
February 22, 200917 yr comment_321438 In a way it is fair. Yes the more you earn the more tax you pay, but you still take home more that others that earn below the average but don't qualify for assistance. Report
February 23, 200917 yr comment_321493 Verbatim from the ATO: How much will be paid? $900 bonus will be paid if you have a taxable income up to and including $80,000 $600 bonus will be paid if you have a taxable income exceeding $80,000 but not exceeding $90,000 $250 bonus will be paid if you have a taxable income exceeding $90,000 but not exceeding $100,000 AND (eligible if) -you have lodged or will lodge your 2007-08 income tax return before 30 June 2009 or if you have been granted a deferred date by the Tax Office before Wednesday 18 February 2009 and you lodge your return by the deferred date Now this will piss all you moralists off - I got a shock (albeit a pleasant one) when I just read the details to discover I am eligible for a payout as it's based on FY08 income. But the tax I pay this FY09 will be close to my gross from last year? I earn decent money, but I don't spend much of it on the commercial market: I buy shit for my cars and I'll probably use this bonus to pickup bits for my bike or future rod project, but 90% of the money I spend is on the "black" market stuff; ie shit that doesn't stimulate the economy like Ebay, swapmeets, second hand items that have no influence on GDP, Employment or even going bax into the federal coffers. (Oh, there is the odd item from Motor Traders norwood) If it doesn't go there, It'll probably go into my bank to earn me some more money, or I might buy some more shares. So basically - I currently earn good money, have no dependents, I rarely buy retail and I'll most likely just stash it in a manner that makes me richer in the long term without bolstering the economy. I am a case example of government handouts getting thrown about inappropriatel Report
February 23, 200917 yr comment_321522 I'm keen to know if anyone here will be the ones that chuck it on the sluts, red or black. Report
February 23, 200917 yr comment_321558 I'd like to know if it is combined income or based on individual earnings???? If it is combined then we are stuffed : ( Report
February 23, 200917 yr comment_321559 Individual. I had some great write offs this year, otherwise I wouldn't make it. :) Report
February 23, 200917 yr comment_321564 i assume its individual because not many couples would earn below 80k Report
February 23, 200917 yr comment_321662 Yeah its indiv. Man it would be handy to have a partner right now :) Report
February 23, 200917 yr comment_321821 Thank you MR Rudd..You will be supplying me with the means to get my 6 volt generator rebuilt (takes care of around $500) and get my 71 year old vintage car back on the road for some enjoyment in these miserable and bad economic times... can't wait to be cruising inthe 38 dodge again whoooo hooo. Cheers Teza $500 to rebuild a generator thats crazy. I repair them all the time, about 4 hours work. if parts are needed another s/h unit can be found for under $50. PM me if you need some help with it. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now