What Your Spending Your Krudd Bonus On

trav_555

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you MR Rudd..

You will be supplying me with the means to get my 6 volt generator rebuilt (takes care of around $500) and get my 71 year old vintage car back on the road for some enjoyment in these miserable and bad economic times...

can't wait to be cruising inthe 38 dodge again whoooo hooo.

Cheers

Teza

Verbatim from the ATO:

How much will be paid?

$900 bonus will be paid if you have a taxable income up to and including $80,000

$600 bonus will be paid if you have a taxable income exceeding $80,000 but not exceeding $90,000

$250 bonus will be paid if you have a taxable income exceeding $90,000 but not exceeding $100,000

AND

(eligible if) -you have lodged or will lodge your 2007-08 income tax return before 30 June 2009 or if you have been granted a deferred date by the Tax Office before Wednesday 18 February 2009 and you lodge your return by the deferred date

Now this will piss all you moralists off - I got a shock (albeit a pleasant one) when I just read the details to discover I am eligible for a payout as it's based on FY08 income. But the tax I pay this FY09 will be close to my gross from last year?

I earn decent money, but I don't spend much of it on the commercial market: I buy shit for my cars and I'll probably use this bonus to pickup bits for my bike or future rod project, but 90% of the money I spend is on the "black" market stuff; ie shit that doesn't stimulate the economy like Ebay, swapmeets, second hand items that have no influence on GDP, Employment or even going bax into the federal coffers. (Oh, there is the odd item from Motor Traders norwood)

If it doesn't go there, It'll probably go into my bank to earn me some more money, or I might buy some more shares.

So basically - I currently earn good money, have no dependents, I rarely buy retail and I'll most likely just stash it in a manner that makes me richer in the long term without bolstering the economy. I am a case example of government handouts getting thrown about inappropriatel

Thank you MR Rudd..

You will be supplying me with the means to get my 6 volt generator rebuilt (takes care of around $500) and get my 71 year old vintage car back on the road for some enjoyment in these miserable and bad economic times...

can't wait to be cruising inthe 38 dodge again whoooo hooo.

Cheers

Teza

$500 to rebuild a generator thats crazy. I repair them all the time, about 4 hours work. if parts are needed another s/h unit can be found for under $50.

PM me if you need some help with it.