Te72 1Uz Engine Swap!!! Reborn Haha Check It *pg3*

nicistheshit

sounds sweet dude,

I still gotta do my flares I had my 30 lowered and want to pump out the guards, had some fibreglass flares but I don't want them anymore, they looked tacky So I am going to pump out the standard guards and get some SSR meshies,

I like your Idea for a satin paint job, I want to do my car satin black, then do all the badges and grill e.t.c. green and keep all the chrome blinginn....

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think I'm getting some meshies from this guy around my town for 200$, ha if i can come up with the money fast enough.

but yeah like bottom half would be dark grey satin, and the top might be a lighter grey satin, ha idono yet=p but maaan i wish i could get those chrome bumpers! your so luckkkky

so here is some updates of some sort a little,

101_0101.jpg

its all jacked up becasue I'm doing my exhaust, i took off the cat converter and just putting a flowmaster right there and running it down and out behind the driver door in front of the rear wheel.

101_0102.jpg

wheels arnt actually on it =p just against it haha

i took out the radiator and cleaned a little bit of my engine, still so much to do though

I'm trying to do something cool with the bumpers, they stick out so far so i took off everything besides the metal and drilled holes into it, then I'm going to fill it with foam, and grind down bolt parts so it looks alot more clean, and then lay down some black paint, i think it will give it a more racer look, =]

101_0097.jpg

101_0098.jpg

I'm doing it to my back bumper too

101_0099.jpg

more updates on the waaay!

=] input please

Is this a track only car?

I dunno about the laws over there, but bumper skins are there to protect pedestrians. Imagine if you hit someone with that thing? Itd be like putting them through a cheese grater.

Also, the exhaust sounds a bit nuts.

If its going on the road, you will end up with a severe fine with no cat in a car that should have one. Mufflers are good too.

Is this a track only car?

I dunno about the laws over there, but bumper skins are there to protect pedestrians. Imagine if you hit someone with that thing? Itd be like putting them through a cheese grater.

Also, the exhaust sounds a bit nuts.

If its going on the road, you will end up with a severe fine with no cat in a car that should have one. Mufflers are good too.

Mad Max style?

haha mad max style.. =] i wouldnt mind taking his engine! ha

but I'm going to fill my bumpers in with a foam kinda stuff and it will make all the holes filled in.. loool "Imagine if you hit someone with that thing? Itd be like putting them through a cheese grater."hahaha

its going to be my driver to, but mainly in future for a track car,

I'm not sure about the cat laws, but my dad is the one who suggested taking it off, so it musnt be to bad, but mine needed to come off anyways it was uuuh disgusting, ha. and its not like a cop is going to look under my car =ppp

haha mad max style.. =] i wouldnt mind taking his engine! ha

but I'm going to fill my bumpers in with a foam kinda stuff and it will make all the holes filled in.. loool "Imagine if you hit someone with that thing? Itd be like putting them through a cheese grater."hahaha

its going to be my driver to, but mainly in future for a track car,

I'm not sure about the cat laws, but my dad is the one who suggested taking it off, so it musnt be to bad, but mine needed to come off anyways it was uuuh disgusting, ha. and its not like a cop is going to look under my car =ppp

You will find that the police or transport authority will stick a probe up the exhaust and not even need to get under there to look. If you fail emissions then here in QLD its up around a 2000 dollar fine. If I were you, Id look into the laws, you can always dump the full exhaust for track days.

If your explanation to the people who catch you out is something like, "My dad said it was ok", you will get laughed at. Ignorance isn't a legal defence.

Anyhow, its a very, very nice chassis, just don't turn it into too much of a mad max prop. A new cat converter is around $150 here in Australia. Its really a no brainer to fit it. Cars as old as that in Australia do not have to have them unless you fit a motor that came with one in its original state. So if you mod the carby motor in an australian ke70, then you don't need to run one. If you do what I did and fit a 96 model EFI engine, then you must run one. Just jump on the web or the phone and make a 5 minute call and you will know.

Id just hate to see you get it taken off the road, once all the hard work is done.

:y:

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
You will find that the police or transport authority will stick a probe up the exhaust and not even need to get under there to look. If you fail emissions then here in QLD its up around a 2000 dollar fine. If I were you, Id look into the laws, you can always dump the full exhaust for track days.

If your explanation to the people who catch you out is something like, "My dad said it was ok", you will get laughed at. Ignorance isn't a legal defence.

Anyhow, its a very, very nice chassis, just don't turn it into too much of a mad max prop. A new cat converter is around $150 here in Australia. Its really a no brainer to fit it. Cars as old as that in Australia do not have to have them unless you fit a motor that came with one in its original state. So if you mod the carby motor in an australian ke70, then you don't need to run one. If you do what I did and fit a 96 model EFI engine, then you must run one. Just jump on the web or the phone and make a 5 minute call and you will know.

Id just hate to see you get it taken off the road, once all the hard work is done.

:)

Cheers.

ha yeah i know what you are saying,

lol thanks man.

• 4 weeks later...

p_00076.jpg

thats my front so far:)

painted all it glossy black,

I'm still making my front bumper though, so it look crazy :hmm:

i two of theese seats,

but i have only made the track for one of em so far

p_00078.jpg

more updates on the way,

weather is getting nice so paints coming soon,

still need to pump fenders,

ill have a picture of my engine,

that lil 3t is looking nice:)

looking good, What are your plans for the body work?

I would love to ADD a 2 door ke70 to the rolla collection.

welll for the body work i want to just hella flare the fenders, make some sort of little air dam. paint it a pearly white, get some wheels:) but those are hard to come across over here:(

i want to get chrome bumpers and quad lights too eventuallly!:hmm:

yayaya you can add mine when its done:)

Edited by nicistheshit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...