Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.

JJT036

Well, as some of you might read in Dad's Smurf thread, we're gonna start working on The Smurf, and start getting that on the road. :)

Ollie is currently under a Tarp under the Alfresco area (outside my bedroom window) until the Smurf hits the road. :D

I have also decided that I'm going to Club Rego this beast. I heard from dad that people will always crash their first car, and if I ever majorly crashed Ollie, or if someone else crashes into it, I would cry for a week. So as a result of the discussion, Club Rego is now the new plan. And when I get my P's, I'll find myself like a KE30/55 Sedan to run around in as a daily. :yes:

So Ollie will be sitting under a tarp under the alfresco area until the Smurf is ready for the road, which I don't mind. Just means there will be a Registered Manual Car around the house to learn in. :)

Josh :cool:

Edited by ewt

Members dont see this ad

I have also decided that I'm going to Club Rego this beast. I heard from dad that people will always crash their first car, and if I ever majorly crashed Ollie, or if someone else crashes into it, I would cry for a week.

Car's are meant to be driven, if you get to worried about damaging it you will never drive it. After all the effort you and woz have chucked into it, would you really be happy to drive it only to club events?

It had to be said. :)

• Upvote 1

Yeah I know. And you're both right.

I'm not going to be worried about crashing it while driving it. I'd only want to take it out occasionally, but not everyday of the year. :yes:

It will be driven to Car Club Events, to Church on Sundays, and on the occasional Weekend Cruise when Dad's in the Smurf with Mum. It's 90 days a year for $100, which I think is really good for what I want. :)

Edited by ewt

What about a Commodore for daily? Big, safe, plenty of parts and cheap. If the unthinkable happens atleast it was to that car. The panelvan is a novelty car, not exactly a daily driver hence why club reg would be the way to go :y: And as it wont be a daily, you'll look forward to taking it when you have oppurtunities to do so :)

• Upvote 1

What about a Commodore for daily? Big, safe, plenty of parts and cheap. If the unthinkable happens atleast it was to that car. The panelvan is a novelty car, not exactly a daily driver hence why club reg would be the way to go :y: And as it wont be a daily, you'll look forward to taking it when you have oppurtunities to do so :)

Yes. 100% Spot on Ben. ;)

I did have that suggestion in mind. It was either a KE30 Sedan, or a VS Berlina as a daily. I wouldn't mind either one, I just don't want Ollie as a daily. Our work on Ollie (to us) is too good for it to be a daily driver. :yes:

As I've been told by a bloke I know. Drive like you stole it! Otherwise you will just baby it!

Cheers, Jake.

I won't be driving Ollie like I stole it, because well... I didn't. I will open her up occasionally, but not all the time. Plus, I don't want to be a known idiot on the roads. I'd rather a car license than a year-long bus ticket. :yes:

Edited by ewt

Can't believe you've been looking for them for 2 years, now to find some decent carpet.

Yes. That is next on the agenda. If anyone has Black Carpet in Good to Excellent Condition they want to sell, please let us know. :yes:

So today I've decided to get together every photo of Ollie, and put them into an Album for the world to see. It just makes life easier for someone to look at one page, than trying and go through many pages just to find a specific photo. :)

Facebook Album of Ollie Photos.

Yes, there is a lot of photos, and as we progress, there will be many many more. :D

Edited by ewt

• 2 weeks later...

Not much new has happened, apart from a new Corolla added to the family. :D

post-8003-0-00277900-1316855923_thumb.jpg

My cousin has bought herself this neat Ae82 CS-X Sedan. It's a full on Granny-spec car, complete with Velour Seat Covers, Air-Scenters, and the Original Tool Kit. It has a 4A Engine with a 3-speed Auto, and it goes good for a 25 year old car. :)

No updates on Ollie. She's just sitting under the Back Verandah waiting for work to be done on her. :)

Edited by ewt

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, Not much new has happened recently.

We have decided to have a play with the standard 4K Carby. Dad is going to have a go at filing out the Jets in the Carby. He was talking to our Mechanic and he files out Carby Jets it on Forklifts all the time with a special Filing tool. So dad's gonna either borrow the mechanic's filer, or buy one himself from work, and give it a go at Jetting the Carby himself, and we'll see what happens.

Has anyone else done this? Any Pros or Cons of doing this from other people's experiences?

Cheers,

Hey Josh,

Seen you chasing some black carpet in the other thread. Just received mine today from knox carpet on ebay. Looks the goods and was only $145 posted, not sure if that is in your price range or not. I'll report back after the weekend when I get a chance to fit it if you are interested in how it works out.

Cheers, Crowie

Hey Josh,

Seen you chasing some black carpet in the other thread. Just received mine today from knox carpet on ebay. Looks the goods and was only $145 posted, not sure if that is in your price range or not. I'll report back after the weekend when I get a chance to fit it if you are interested in how it works out.

Cheers, Crowie

Cheers. If you can post some pics of the fitment that would be awesome. :)

As soon as we get some Black Floor Carpet, we'll start finishing off the interior. And once we finish the interior, some Victorian RC Members MIGHT see Ollie on a Cruise/Meet. :)