Ke26 Panelvan

KE26 Wagon

Just picked this up and have not decided what i am to do with it (also the wife is not to impressed due to having a Ke26 4door and a 72 HQ kingswood)

It is fairly rustly but still able to be saved, all the trim and mouldings are good and the tailgate does not have any rust at all.

If I am to keep it, it will probably get a SR20det and set up for the drags but still street rego'd

Tell me what you think?

post-3342-1239801382.jpg

post-3342-1239801400.jpg

Members dont see this ad
Just picked this up and have not decided what i am to do with it (also the wife is not to impressed due to having a Ke26 4door and a 72 HQ kingswood)

It is fairly rustly but still able to be saved, all the trim and mouldings are good and the tailgate does not have any rust at all.

If I am to keep it, it will probably get a SR20det and set up for the drags but still street rego'd

Tell me what you think?

keep it and SR it please we need more turbo rollas on this forum

yikes.. looks like you have a lot of work in front of you man.. thats IF you are to keep it..

But I'm with your missus.. scrap it and sell me the front panels :hammer: jokes jokes, but seriously..

Sr would go alright, but throw a chicken cooker in it instead..

yikes.. looks like you have a lot of work in front of you man.. thats IF you are to keep it..

But I'm with your missus.. scrap it and sell me the front panels :P jokes jokes, but seriously..

Sr would go alright, but throw a chicken cooker in it instead..

hilux05,,,,, love the titts :hammer: :y: :y: :P :P :P

My KE26 just got all emotional crying 'you found my brother' :) ......... :jamie:

I'm sure I know of a potential buyer (not me, transport to QLD would cost a fortune) in NSW........ :lol:

since its a commercial vehicle you could put a 1jz or 2jz into it legally.

i'm really keen for one of these, the timing isn't great at the moment. my plan is to do an electric motor conversion.

I'm liking the above idea of the 1Jz or 2Jz but if he does sell, I've already put in a EOI on your behalf :) :yes:

i'm really keen for one of these, the timing isn't great at the moment. my plan is to do an electric motor conversion.

electric motor conversion sounds interesting that will have some interesting torque.

Nice score on the van.

please explain how it is legal for a 1jz or 2jz i am interested VERY INTERESTED

my understanding is that commercial vehicles fall into a different category in regards to engine swaps.

correct.

there's no 'hard' rules for commercial vehicles.

so long as what you put in is balanced by upgrading everything else for the large increase in power, you can theoretically put a twin-turbo'd v12 in.

each engineer will have different ideas on what is 'acceptable', so it pays to shop around and be honest.

dF