P Plate Speeding.

So I got booked for speeding. Yes I'm going to lose my licence. I was just wondering if there's a way to appeal to get 1 point back or something. Even a temporary licence for work?

Edit: Before you all ask.

I was driving home from late night at TTP. Well I was driving to Mt Pleasant to drop my mate off. As I was coming through Gumeracha I was a bit restless and not looking at my speedo. I come past the oval and bang, there's the cop with his speed-gun. $310 on the spot fine. I was doing 71 in a 50 zone. Yes, I do know I'm an idiot.

Edited by Rich_Rolla

Members dont see this ad

Here in QLD if you loose your licence you have a choice to go on a good behaviour period (1 point for one year) or loose your licence for 3 months then go back out onto your full p licence but if you get caught on the 1 point you loose your licence for 6 months (i'm just about to come off my 6 month suspension :wink: )

hope that helps bud i know your not in QLD but still

yeah you can appeal to have a probationary period in most states, but f@$k that up and it doubles the penalty.

so 20 kays over loses your licence in SA?

was only 3 points here in NSW until about a month ago I think, I got done twice on my green Ps and still had one point left (Eventually lost my licence though, now on my blacks, so 12 full points)

Changes from state to state.

I was supposed to loose my nearly 2 years ago. I took the good behavior mr ae71 spoke about and managed to be a good boy for a year on 1 point.

You'll find that most states have now dropped the probationary 'work only' thing for the above option.

I sucks I know buy hey you do the crime, you do the time. :wink:

yeah you can appeal to have a probationary period in most states, but f@$k that up and it doubles the penalty.

so 20 kays over loses your licence in SA?

was only 3 points here in NSW until about a month ago I think, I got done twice on my green Ps and still had one point left (Eventually lost my licence though, now on my blacks, so 12 full points)

On your red Ps in NSW, any speeding fine is an instance 3-month suspension :lol: Green Ps didn't have that fortuntely, and the points limit doubled to 6.

Loving being on my opens now, no more needing to be paranoid especially on double demerit weekends.....only scary thing is that when my current license is up for renewal, I'll be 30 :wink:

Thanks guys. Yeah, I think I'm going to appeal for 1 point just so I can get to work and back. The girlfriend can do the driving on weekends.

And it's true, I take full responsibility for this.

It's actually only 3 points off, but I have already lost 1 point. And yeah it's my first loss of licence. Dad made a phone call and I can appeal for the 1 point still.

On your red Ps in NSW, any speeding fine is an instance 3-month suspension :lol: Green Ps didn't have that fortuntely, and the points limit doubled to 6.

Loving being on my opens now, no more needing to be paranoid especially on double demerit weekends.....only scary thing is that when my current license is up for renewal, I'll be 30 :wink:

The loss of licence on redPs thing is only a recent (ie last year or so) thing isnt it?

The loss of licence on redPs thing is only a recent (ie last year or so) thing isnt it?

It was brought in when they introduced the new laws (curfew/passenger limits, displaying plates on the outside of the car, 120 hour Ls etc) at the start of July '07, so coming up on 2 years now.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

So I got booked for speeding. Yes I'm going to lose my licence. I was just wondering if there's a way to appeal to get 1 point back or something. Even a temporary licence for work?

Edit: Before you all ask.

I was driving home from late night at TTP. Well I was driving to Mt Pleasant to drop my mate off. As I was coming through Gumeracha I was a bit restless and not looking at my speedo. I come past the oval and bang, there's the cop with his speed-gun. $310 on the spot fine. I was doing 71 in a 50 zone. Yes, I do know I'm an idiot.

For once I feel sorry for you, that is an epic journey you undertook and I can understand that you would be tired, etc and to get nabbed in Gumeracha of all places is pretty c^%ty. The officer obviously had not fulfilled his quota and you are now a victim of such.

Did you explain to him that you had been driving all night in order to take a mate home????

Appeal it and make sure you wave to him when you are still on your way to work, even though he won't care I would still do it.

I'm guessing his Mrs denied him earlier that night or morning :lol:

How many accidents have there been on the main street of Gumeracha lately, if ever?? Police should only need to be stationed in areas of high risk for prevention, not revenue raising, aargh this is grinding my gears :wink:

At least you should have an excuse that's better then one of the doc's in Gum.

Also pretty sure I'd prefer the cop's to stay in all areas to make sure that they aren't only placed in areas of high risk, otherwise it may turn into one and have no police around.

if you havn't lost your lisence at all before you can appeal for the one point..

you will get it easy i had no job at the time and still gave me the one point.

ive lost my lisence twice. it sucks. oh you can't appeal for 5 years

if you have lost your lisence before........

stupid laws hasn't changed anything. just paying all the fukcing doll bludges wages,

GET A JOB... I'm going all emo hoped this helped