June 25, 200917 yr Author comment_354714 Erm, I'll be more specific, the plugs are black with carbon and oil, the oil has made it to the block from under the plug tubes, and there is a LOT of oil on those plugs...... It has been suggested to me that it's a blown manifold gasket, but I was pretty sure it wouldn't behave like this under those circumstances...... Re the exhaust, I'll take it, just in case I have to put another motor in...... Report
June 25, 200917 yr comment_354716 Cool. its on the roof (where all the tyres are) at CAI. Just go help yourself. :) Blown manifold gasket isn't going to make it leak oil or run shit (unless there's a major leak in the intake), it'll just make a loud ticking noise as they always burn out the exhaust ports first. You can check if its leaking on the intake by spring some "start you bastard" or equivalent around the manifold flange (with enigne running) and see if the engine note changes when sprayed. Have you got a couple of spare engines you can try and make 1x good set of plug tubes out of? That'll be a good start. Report
June 25, 200917 yr Author comment_354726 I'll give it a go when the rain stops, cheers man. I'll pick up the exhaust tomorrow at a guess....... Report
June 25, 200917 yr comment_354810 Have you got a couple of spare engines you can try and make 1x good set of plug tubes out of? That'll be a good start. think i have about 12 :y: Report
June 25, 200917 yr Author comment_354915 think i have about 12 :y: I'ma raid your stash of parts then next time I'm up your way....... Maybe this weekend...... Report
September 19, 200917 yr Author comment_375064 Ok, a quick ping to update everyone on current progress...... Since the engine crapped out on me, I've obtained an extremely interesting 5K, overall unknown specs, but it apparently has had some work thrown at it, at the very least it's got a cam set to "lumpy" spec, but I haven't really looked into it further...... It came with an electric dizzy, which I couldn't wire in due to not having all the components needed to do so, as a result the electric dizzy was removed and replaced with a points dizzy from the old 4k, now it's tuned in and running beautifully...... New temperature gauge fitted and wired in (Thanks to Banshee), the taco no longer bounces all over the place after rewiring, cleaning the earths and wiring a capacitor/diode thingy (banshee again) into it and now all is well..... Front bumper and headlights now aligned, new rear bumper (all metal and shiny) fitted, wing mirrors replaced with nicer ones seeing as one got snapped off by a pedestrian........ And the car is now push-button start! Wheels stripped of paint (roughly), masked up and resprayed, a ghetto job, but came out well IMO...... And they do look the sexy..... Anyway, nuff jabber, pics! Got dish? Yeah, I got dish...... And posing for the sake of it...... Report
September 19, 200917 yr comment_375072 those gold rims against the red paint look tough mate :dance: lovin the panelvan too Report
February 1, 201016 yr comment_409911 Updates? :) ....or are you gunna keep it under your hat for a while? Report
February 1, 201016 yr Author comment_409917 Latest developments include new rear leaves, and new rear shocks, and it's dirty, buried in grass, and it's full of f@$ken spiders again. :) That's about it for now, once the server is built I'll be able to concentrate on this a bit more, and maybe even finish it..... *oh* "it" is staying under the hat for the moment Si...... Edited February 1, 201016 yr by Toy-Yoda Report
December 28, 201114 yr Author comment_573802 Been a while, car's broken again (surprise surprise), doing what's gotta be done to make it drive again. But, and this is the best bit, PROPER TOOLS! And a sort-of carport to work under...... :laff: Such a sad and familiar sight...... Report
December 28, 201114 yr comment_573812 I see your gazee-bro and raise you a gazee-bro with a sideways volvo in it (PS. We Gazeebro's) Report
December 28, 201114 yr comment_573836 Good to see you're no longer using string to jack up your cars :) Report
December 28, 201114 yr comment_573843 Gazeebro's.. Ahaha! :lolcry: I want that ke1x panelvan! What's being fixed/ replaced on this toyoda? Edited December 28, 201114 yr by Jono.C Report
December 28, 201114 yr Author comment_573866 Good to see you're no longer using string to jack up your cars :) Nah, now it's squares of rotting wood under the dilapidated SCA trolley jack :jamie: Um, bit of a list.... Diff Struts brake system (all of it, right back to the pedal) LCA's Shocks Springs Just kinda making it up as I go. Probably need new wheels now, and definitely new tires..... Edited December 28, 201114 yr by Toy-Yoda Report
December 28, 201114 yr comment_573949 Sing out if you want a hand, I'm on holidays minus nye. What was the go with the wheels on mud? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now