Red Pos

Toy-Yoda

And this is an example of how NOT to jack up a car.......

Photo0210.jpg

*don't lift cars up using string, kids, it's bad, mmmkay?*

Chinese safety standards FTW

Proper equipment = Expensive

Humans = Expendable

:lol:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so the throttle cable was popping off the linkage if I stomped the loud pedal a bit too quick, now remedied thanks to a pair of washers and a stripped nut.....

The exhaust outlet points down now, instead of pointing at the passenger side shock absorber, can only be a good thing....... Dumps to the road, just before the diff, still quieter than the van was, but I can live with it thanks to the sweet sound of the webers induction noise.....

I think that makes me ready for this weekends cruise...... :D

Edited by Toy-Yoda

*mini update* Another day, another thing started, a few things learned.........

Went to put the comfy and more supportive seats from the van into the car today, passenger side went in no hassles, got the drivers side seat sitting in place, went to shift the other rail into the correct position and the seat unfolded, revealing a spider, a proper "FUGGINELLTHATFOCKERSBIG" kinda spider, scared the shit out of me as I absolutely hate spiders.......

Anyway, captured it, sealed it in it's new home and soon to be coffin, and decided not to risk anymore chance encounters with stuff with more than 2 legs in my car...... Off to the shop of bug killing stuffs I go......

Came home with an insecticide smoke generator, seemed innocent enough to me, it's essentially a smoke grenade that kills bugs, I thought it'd be fine.......

Followed the instructions as best I could considering I was using it in a car instead of a house, lit it, shut the door and watched the show.......

Within seconds it filled the car and opened photo opportunities........

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Ok, about now is lesson time kids.......

Lesson 1: The Launceston Fire service has an amazingly quick response time.

Lesson 2: If you're considering setting a smoke grenade off in a car, it's best to inform the local authorities beforehand to warn them they may receive a call or two..... :)

Had enough time to get a can of soft drink, roll a cigarette, and smoke about half of it before the Fire service showed up ready to bust in some windows and put out a "car fire", took some effort to convince them that "It is actually my car", "it's not actually on fire" and "I'm afraid of spiders and nuked my car on the side of the road to make sure they're all dead for good"

The Fireys were surprisingly ok with it, and explained the whole situation to the police who had arrived by this stage, and everything was peachy......

Moral of the story is: If you're gonna use an Insect "grenade", don't do it on the side of the road where people may mistake it for being torched.......

Fun day, and my seats aren't even in yet........ :y:

Edited by Toy-Yoda

Déjà vu all over again, some farkwad decided it would be a good/funny idea to snap the passenger side wing mirror off the car this morning.......

I've snapped, I've glued the mirror back on, set up a camera system, and the second I see/hear anyone touch that car I'm going for the throat.

Sick of this crap, properly over it, I'm going to make it stop, one way or the other.......

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, engines been running ridiculously rough the last few days, makes no power, doesn't like to rev, sounds like it's mis-firing all the time.

Checked dizzy: fine

Checked leads: fine

Checked coil: fine

Checked plugs: Oil all over all of them

I can see that's a problem, but what is it indicative of? :)

Seriously thinking it's new engine time though........ :)

Ok, engines been running ridiculously rough the last few days, makes no power, doesn't like to rev, sounds like it's mis-firing all the time.

Checked dizzy: fine

Checked leads: fine

Checked coil: fine

Checked plugs: Oil all over all of them

I can see that's a problem, but what is it indicative of? :)

Seriously thinking it's new engine time though........ :)

You sure you didn't get any oil on the plugs when you pulled them out? Its not hard espeacially if your plug tubes are bit old and leaky.

Hey what the exhaust like on this beast? Did you see I have half a stock exhaust to give away in the regional section?