Red Pos

Toy-Yoda

Erm, I'll be more specific, the plugs are black with carbon and oil, the oil has made it to the block from under the plug tubes, and there is a LOT of oil on those plugs...... It has been suggested to me that it's a blown manifold gasket, but I was pretty sure it wouldn't behave like this under those circumstances......

Re the exhaust, I'll take it, just in case I have to put another motor in......

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. its on the roof (where all the tyres are) at CAI. Just go help yourself. :)

Blown manifold gasket isn't going to make it leak oil or run shit (unless there's a major leak in the intake), it'll just make a loud ticking noise as they always burn out the exhaust ports first.

You can check if its leaking on the intake by spring some "start you bastard" or equivalent around the manifold flange (with enigne running) and see if the engine note changes when sprayed.

Have you got a couple of spare engines you can try and make 1x good set of plug tubes out of? That'll be a good start.

• 2 months later...

Ok, a quick ping to update everyone on current progress......

Since the engine crapped out on me, I've obtained an extremely interesting 5K, overall unknown specs, but it apparently has had some work thrown at it, at the very least it's got a cam set to "lumpy" spec, but I haven't really looked into it further......

It came with an electric dizzy, which I couldn't wire in due to not having all the components needed to do so, as a result the electric dizzy was removed and replaced with a points dizzy from the old 4k, now it's tuned in and running beautifully......

New temperature gauge fitted and wired in (Thanks to Banshee), the taco no longer bounces all over the place after rewiring, cleaning the earths and wiring a capacitor/diode thingy (banshee again) into it and now all is well.....

Front bumper and headlights now aligned, new rear bumper (all metal and shiny) fitted, wing mirrors replaced with nicer ones seeing as one got snapped off by a pedestrian........ And the car is now push-button start!

Wheels stripped of paint (roughly), masked up and resprayed, a ghetto job, but came out well IMO...... And they do look the sexy.....

Anyway, nuff jabber, pics!

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Got dish? Yeah, I got dish......

IMG_0231.jpg

And posing for the sake of it......

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

• 4 months later...

Latest developments include new rear leaves, and new rear shocks, and it's dirty, buried in grass, and it's full of f@$ken spiders again. :)

That's about it for now, once the server is built I'll be able to concentrate on this a bit more, and maybe even finish it.....

*oh* "it" is staying under the hat for the moment Si......

Edited by Toy-Yoda

• 1 year later...

Good to see you're no longer using string to jack up your cars :)

Nah, now it's squares of rotting wood under the dilapidated SCA trolley jack :jamie:

Um, bit of a list....

Diff

Struts

brake system (all of it, right back to the pedal)

LCA's

Shocks

Springs

Just kinda making it up as I go.

Probably need new wheels now, and definitely new tires.....

Edited by Toy-Yoda