Garage Boro Race/hillclimb/drift Special

driftke70

theres a guy over here in NZ that has a gen3 in his carina race car (n/a tho). ive always stayed away from the 3s cause every rwd one ive seen running rwd (not counting altezza's) has run a bearing, but now i know you can just use a acusump to fix that

dope ride man, i've love to take it for a spin

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean a dry sump setup,

the problem lies in the fact that the standard sump on them is meant to be at an angle, and even then they hold very little oil,

the beams sump holds a fair bit more, is dead flat, has a much better baffle and pickup design and when overfilled shows no obvious reason for failure,

even if oil does pool in the head, which it only really does because of the shear angle the things are at in a fwd setup, in rwd it acts no differently to any other engine

a mate of mine has put a gen 3 3sgte into a rav4, and he basically speaks of nothing about oil problems, he basically obsesses with 3s and has built many including 700+hp examples and he rarely talks about oiling issues.

He says the standard block and internals are good for almost 450hp and thats reliable street driven power.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...