Smeetsy1's Ke30 !

smeetsy1

This is school ryan, answer supported with reason!

Personally i think corollas upto and including the KE2X series can get away with round fender mirrors.

*E7*'s can get away with the rectangular mirrors due to the square styling.

KE30/55's are somewhere in the middle. I personally don't think fender mirrors suit the styling. That said, there are some 30/55's that look good with them, But in the end i wouldnt put them on my 30.

In the end its just my opinion and its your car so the final decision is down to you.

GL with the car man :yes:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I kind of agree with SLO-030. However I am a little bias, as I am not the biggest fan of fender mirrors after anything KE20.

What I always wanted to do was to make it a bit more sleeper. So get the tint removed (it wasn't the greatest when I had it anyways) and add rear venetians on it. The paint was always decent from afar, and with the exhaust being sporty quiet I knew that with those little additions cops would never bat an eye and would generally treat you well with drive throughs.

However, do what you think is best, at the end of the day you should make a car you are happy to drive around in!

Cheers Fusion

bgtp1x.jpg

8/

Unfortunately with the custom engine crossmember you won't be able to fit a single sidedraft Weber I belive, twin Webers' will (usually with 6 - 10mm trumpets though) and I wouldn't be able to say for certain, but a 2TB setup should aswell.

Cheers Fusion

Edited by fusion

Where they high tensile bolts?

Better for it to come disconnected from the diff than the gearbox end!!!

The previous owner of my sierra some how managed to break the rear extension housing of the GB (which had the same effect as a broken front uni joint) which let the jack-shaft free. While it was still being turned by the diff it flapped around under the car and tore a rip in the transmission tunnel!!!

. . . :lol: It came undone from the diff end? I can't remember 100%, but I think we might of put in new bolts, nuts and washers at that end . . .

Doesn't matter Ross, that was the old diff. The people who bought it off me insisted on driving it home with an un-inspected rear end issue despite my advice.

In the process it destroyed the whole diff, centre, both axles, wheel bearings, dropped a wheel and whatever else. 8/

I wouldn't be surprised if the work done wasn't done properly, therefore causing this.

Does it still have a KE30 type diff Will?

Cheers, Ben.

O god your not serious 8/ Thats not good at all. If you have problems like Benzo is saying I would recommend doing it once and doing it right. Get yourself a TA22 diff, get the leaf spring mounts swapped over, get some more high tensile bolts for the driveshaft to diff and than go out and have some fun :lol: If you need some help I'll see what I can do for you

Yeah lol

It really does need a TA22 diff, because the stock diff is only going to have more problems.

Ross broke a few axles, I snapped one axle, and it destroyed a whole diff.

Give me a yell if you need a hand Will 8/

Cheers, Ben.