Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1G-GTE KE70's New Plan

Featured Replies

Yeah thats in hpi v3 or 4. Its so awesome, love it :thumbsup:

 

Oh good idea you have here to :(

Sigma control arms for your camber.

Edited by ae71neo

  • Replies 69
  • Views 73k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

not enough.. i'm getting adjustable camber tops as well..

 

-7 degrees \m/

 

I've got a budget of around $4000 for suspension (not including diff, but that's not really suspension anyway)

 

So yeah I'm so excited.. hurry up september. I WANT MY NEW CAR!!!!

  • Author

haha nah.

 

/ \ (fulli sik camber)

 

nah the only reason people don't have that much camber is because they are their daily drivers so the tyre life would be like nothing. brett (SR20 sprinter) has -7 and it's awesome.. none of this nonsense positive camber at full lock.

 

I'll see if I can find some pics

 

here's one for starters

 

http://www.drift-pics.com/gallery/cyph/apr05/pic20.jpg

 

it's a bit dodgy but you get the idea.

Edited by 1G-GTE KE70

Sigma control arms will give roughly -3.5 to -4 with standard struts. My car had -3.1 with RA65 struts.

  • Author
Flame jobs just don't look good on 180SX's

I only really like flame jobs on hot rods... looks so lame on other cars.

I put KE55 front end (engine X member, radius rods, sway bar [custom of course], control arms, etc) in my KE20, and i recon that it has added 3 to 5 degress of negative camber

 

the next plan is to cut three control arm and make two BIG ones!!!

Edited by wilson_610

-7??? thats just silly. youll be losing grip, inless you have mega soggy suspension that rolls that much!

Even as a drift car, -7 is still a bit silly (IMHO). Considering how hard drift cars tend to be set up, there would be barely any body roll in the first place.

 

Sure, it looks cool. But no, it's not really to make the car handle (even in any drift sort of way). Check out the pink AE86 (the Streeter by Streeter one), I'm actually quite impressed by the suspension set up in that one. Not overly stiff, works very well.

 

What you really want is castor. Not camber.

Edited by demuire

As a comparison, I'm running -3. I'm running 250lb springs on the front of the car, and a Whiteline swaybar, and with all the trashing my car gets, the tyre wear so far as been more or less even.

 

Most drift cars I know are set up a heap stiffer than mine, so will roll less.

  • Author
Even as a drift car, -7 is still a bit silly (IMHO). Considering how hard drift cars tend to be set up, there would be barely any body roll in the first place.

 

Sure, it looks cool. But no, it's not really to make the car handle (even in any drift sort of way). Check out the pink AE86 (the Streeter by Streeter one), I'm actually quite impressed by the suspension set up in that one. Not overly stiff, works very well.

 

What you really want is castor. Not camber.

camber has nothing to do with body roll mate.

 

it's got to do with drift cars rarely having the wheels pointing straight.

 

I don't know if you know this (i hope you do) but wheels don't stay upright when you turn them full lock.

 

| | < looking at it front on with wheels facing front

 

they go like this

 

/ / < full left lock if looking from front. although the first / wouldn't be as angled.

 

so if you have your wheels like this to start with

 

/ \

 

then they will be closer to

 

| | when at full lock.

 

and obviously being a drift car the wheels are going to be at full lock an awful lot.

 

caster has to do with keeping the car stable at high speeds (i.e. keeping it in a straight line)

 

about 5-7 caster is good for drifting. but it doesn't really help with tyre grip while drifting.

 

That pink sprinter has a great suspension setup but remember thats his daily driver so he has to keep it pretty streetable so he doesn't need a spine rebuild every month.

 

I'll most likely go 8.5KG springs front and 7.5KG springs rear. obviously with shocks that are stiff enough so I don't get rice bounce :thumbsup:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.