Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Racecar Project

Featured Replies

Very nice keep up the progress

  • Replies 242
  • Views 317.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

dsc01420.jpg

 

some more progress has been done, only thing next is to make baffles and tig weld it ( which I'm not doing myself )

 

but I would really like some feedback on how to make a good oil pan baffled

because I seriously are not sure what to do and what is necessary(trap doors,etc)

 

I won't exactly get 7G's in the corners or when braking, but it's better to build it well than blow the engine..

 

so does anyone have any ideas

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I've realized that I won't be finished this year..

 

but I've still done some progress

 

low enough? or maybe too low?

dsc01433.jpg

 

test fitting the frontend..

thanks to corollaandy for shipping the front apron to me, he had to cut it in half for me because of the shipping, so I had to weld it back together

dsc01451.jpg

 

I think there is enough room for my radiator :(

dsc01441.jpg

dsc01453.jpg

very nice i like the bracing on the strut towers. you've inspired me to do something very sinmilar to my ke20 while i have the mototr out. what did you use for the braceing? just mild steel pipe or something exotic?

hydraulic pipe, seamless 25mm, very strong

 

did you use a mig or a tig welder? i have a mig so i just want to be sure that i can weld the pipe before i go and buy any.

Mig will do what you require, Tig is for aluminium..

 

i suspect the mig will be fine i just wanted to clarify that it wasnt some awesome space age alloy or crome moly before i try to find / order some.

run a dual radiator setup? :(

 

this thing is wicked man, enjoying this thread greatly ;)

Looking great mate.

 

With the pipes that run into your strut tower, are they tied to the struts at all or just the tower itself? Ive always wondered about this.

 

Would it be useful to have the pipes welded to a piece of plate that the struts themselves bolt to (same as the strut top) and then through the strut top. Then the whole thing is braced and secure.

 

Maybe I'm completely on the wrong track here

 

-Shaun

How did I only just see this thread! Cool.

 

Fun looking project mate.

 

Interested to hear what you come up with for the baffles. I have a couple of ideas how you'd do it, you should only need a couple of short ones in and around the oil pickup I would have thought?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.