January 23, 200818 yr comment_222608 They can vacuum the track while they are going, mad :thumbsup: A lot of effort to go to though for a road car I think.. Report
January 23, 200818 yr Author comment_222649 actually the mclaren f1 road car got the same stuff but that car uses an electric motor, probably abit bigger than your average vacuum cleaner:P I won't use any fans/motors at all only shaping the underside of the car the AE86 N2 SS WORKS car that runs on tsukuba have done it, it's a fast car, but the effect is not as big as the old formula 1 cars etc maybe they didn't do it right? anyway, I think it's worth a try, even if don't get real ground effect.. it can't really get any worse when it comes to aerodynamics on a ke70;P Report
March 14, 200818 yr Author comment_233175 here's pictures of the crash approx 6 months ago I think had to change the front frame rail, luckily I was able to buy a new also removed the inner fenders as seen in picture to save weight, and reinforced with 25mm pipe much more rigid than stock.. had some rust here so I removed some metal Report
March 14, 200818 yr comment_233184 I'm going to assume this monster is no longer street legal...? At least over here it wouldn't be Report
March 15, 200818 yr Author comment_233365 this car hasn't been street legal since 2005 or so.. we got much stricter rules here in norway than you got in australia Report
March 25, 200818 yr Author comment_235267 engine being test mounted with new rubber mounts that lowers the engine I'm going move the engine approx 8cm more to the rear to get better weight distribution and here is a dyno run of a blacktop with 100% stock untouched, unmodified bottom-end, only modifications done: same camshafts as me, ( 10.5mm lift ) toda valve springs, toda campulleys, trd 0.8mm headgasket, the head is not ported, stock exhaust manifold, 2.5" exhaust torque being abit low because of the lack of compression that these camshafts need Report
May 3, 200818 yr Author comment_243696 it doesn't seems like there is alot of interest in this car.. so this might be the last update from me I have started modifying the firewall, approx 19-20cm more clearance driver seat is moved approx 20cm more back and using tilton floor mount pedalbox engine is test mounted 9cm moved to the rear, using factory 4age mounts, you might think toyota had this in mind when they designed the block/mounts 3 holes has to be redrilled.. crossmember is modified, and reinforced, not complete damn LHD cars!:cool: exhaust header has to be custom made anyway.. so it won't be a big problem flares test mounted.. i don't know exactly what car this is from.. probably ae86 because it has cutouts for bumpers Report
May 3, 200818 yr comment_243747 wow a lot of awesome fabrication keep us up to date as i may have a KE70 project coming up this is really good :cool: Report
May 3, 200818 yr comment_243752 Wow, Those flares should look awesome.. Good to see more progress :cool: Report
May 3, 200818 yr comment_243764 thats pretty cool. love the flares. keep us posted will be interesting to watch your progress Report
May 4, 200818 yr comment_243986 Changing number 4 spark plug may prove difficult. or is it actually still easily reachable? Your putting quite a lot of quality work into this car. Keep it up Report
May 4, 200818 yr Author comment_244044 Changing number 4 spark plug may prove difficult. or is it actually still easily reachable? Your putting quite a lot of quality work into this car. Keep it up that won't be a problem if using a ratchet with correct length extension pipe, probably 5cm clearance upwards.. I'm going to move the engine 5-6cm more, for a total of 15cm.. I'll either have to modify the sump or buy drysump.. I'll let my wallet decide:P almost done with the firewall now.. did polish up the trunk and hood from one of my other ke70's gonna make fibreglass bodyparts.. I still need a front apron/front panel, whatever you call it.. Edited May 4, 200818 yr by David Report
May 4, 200818 yr comment_244059 I don't know if you've seen this site before... but they make FRP panels... and some other very tasty KE70 bits and pieces. http://www.motorfix.jp/ Report
May 5, 200818 yr Author comment_244086 I don't know if you've seen this site before... but they make FRP panels... and some other very tasty KE70 bits and pieces. http://www.motorfix.jp/ yes I know.. already sent them an email half year ago with no response.. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now