Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Racecar Project

Featured Replies

My 2T-B engine is seriously leaking oil, about 1 litre a day, the starter is dead, and many other problems

so I've decided to move all the parts from the ae86 ( 170hp 4age, big front brakes, coilovers suspension, hydraulic handbrake, rear axle with limited slip and rollcage if it fits )

so therefore I have some questions that might already been answered, but I couldn't find it.

 

ae86 parts, ke70 car

engine, front suspension, steering components, crossmember = bolt on

gearbox and gearbox crossmember = bolt on

tailshaft = bolt on or does it need to be shortened?

rear axle = bolt on

fuel tank with built-in pump = same size, so I'll guess it will fit? anyone done this before? what should I do about the wiring to the fuel pump?

fuel lines, return line and brake lines = I guess I could use my old brake lines at front, but what about the rear? And what about the fuel lines, my old wouldn't be thick enough I guess?

and the EFI ( CRAP ), everything in the ae86 is working, so I just hope it isn't very much cables not from the engine that goes to the EFI is it?

exhaust will fit without much trouble I guess..

I guess that is about all..

 

any comments, questions or ideas will be apriciated

 

I originaly planed to be finished within a month or so, but now I'm really in a hurry because my 2T-B engine is dead :\, so I plan to atleast take everything out of the ae86 this weekend,

maybe even be finished, I just don't know how many hours of work this will take me

and yes, I will take pictures :)

Edited by David

  • Replies 242
  • Views 317.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

it's nothing wrong with the ae86 except it's 3 times more expenssive insurance

than the ke70... the ke70 is also in much better shape than the ae86, ( rust )

and I have to pay waaaaaay to much money to get license plates on it, and I won't risk weld on the ke70 chassi number on the ae86...

 

the ke70 is also a lighter car, so it will go faster :)

I also think it's nice to have a real sleeper, instead of a car everybody want to steal..

Edited by David

gotcha.

ok when i did the efi in daisy, i ran the fuel return line back to the tank using the charcoal canister vapor line. (don't know what kind of emissions equipment you guys have). the wiring harness was easy; the 1983 starlet efi was a factory add-on, i just snatched the efi harness, wired up the main relay, hooked up +12v, ign, start, ground, and a/c.

i used the in-line starlet fuel pump, but i don't know how well my feed is as the line is so small and THERE IS NO SUMP; i go around corners hard with less than 1/4 tank and it will starve.

i don't know much about the later corollas, but i don't see why the rear axle wont fit.

  • Author

hmm...

I need to know exactly what to do with the EFI wiring thingy

do I only need to connect everything from the engine to the EFI, and then connect + and ground to the third plug on the EFI? or is it more? if so, tell me now! :) else I will just scratch my head all weekend and not getting finished before monday

  • Author

yeah, great, I will move everything over to the ke70

does anybody know if the dashboard fits or could be fitted in a simple way?

or do you guys just think it'll look stupid?

( I want builtin tachometer ) :)

  • Author

okay, maybe 'carpet' it, using some sort of carpet for subwoofer box, I think that will look great :)

but as demuire said, change the whole loom.. I've just used 30 to 1 hour comparing the two cars.

things like dash, lights, etc won't fit, because of different plugs.. what should I do about that?

and changing the whole loom, is that the whole loom, including fuse boxes, etc?

I think that's alot of work with no gain what so ever..?

correct me if i'm wrong but I just don't see the point when acording to club4ag I can just connect the engine loom to the ecu, connect 3-5 cables from my old main loom to the ecu and that's it?

 

wiring diagram

 

also: do you have any ideas of where I could mount the ECU? it doesn't seem to be enough space where it is in the ae86..

maybe only put it in the glovebox?

Edited by David

  • Author

okay hehe, ( mine is also left hand drive )

 

who wants spagetti for dinner?

dsc00446.jpg

 

 

this is on the engine loom, connected to the main loom.. do I need this to run the engine? if so, what should I connect it to?

or is it impossible to run the engine without the main loom?

dsc00447.jpg

 

 

what is this? it's on the ECU.. do I need to connect it to make the engine run?

dsc00450.jpg

If it's what I think it is, you will need it to tune the car properly. To set timing on an A engine, the idle needs to be slightly higher, and I believe that by shorting two of those connections, that's what it will achieve. Be safe, leave it in... :)

 

R

 

(Here endth my A engine knowledge.)

Rob: Remember when I was trying to set the timing on my car? Shorting the terminals didn't really do anything :)

 

David: My computer doesn't have that, so no idea. Looks like you have your work cut out for you! Sorry I couldn't be of much help, my car didn't have any of the bits yours has!

  • Author

Now I've been working all weekend, and taken alot of pictures, but of course I forgot the camera, so I will post them later this week

the ke70 has now:

4A-GE with 170hp

T50

Coilovers with stiff springs and bilstein shocks at front

Big brakes at front, with vented cross drilled discs

ae86 discs brakes at rear

Quaife quick ratio steering ( about

Longer control arms

ae86 rear axle with LSD ( it may need to be reconditioned sometime in the near future )

stiffer springs and bilstein shocks at rear..

 

The tailshaft is not yet mounted and the electrical system is untouched, so I will soon be finished with the conversion :thumbsup:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.